no posts today?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

no posts today?

Post by Jeff-20 »

this is the first day without posts. Is the site broken or is everyone sleeping?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Tepic
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Tepic »

People just probably doing other things.

I'm still here!
Centallica
Pinballer

No posts today...

Post by Centallica »

I think everyone's still in shock from the 2 Vic carts that closed on Ebay r (Cyclon $112.37US and Crater Raider for $107.50US) for not posting today :>)

To complete a collection what one will pay,
Brian
Leeeeee
soldering master

Post by Leeeeee »

I think most of Europe is just getting home from the funeral.

I wonder what it's like being on the back of a queue that was said to be two-and-a-half-million people long?!

Watching the 'highlights' on the news I was bemused at the 'modest' pine coffin. 'Scuse me but with five monarchs, the heads of state of umpteen countries and an estimated viewer total of one billion a plastic bin sack couldn't be modest.

</RANT>

Lee.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

y'know they took that coffin inside to put it inside two more coffins... so who knows what the final product looked like... a massive block like egyptian pharohs?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: No posts today...

Post by KilrPilr »

Centallica wrote:I think everyone's still in shock from the 2 Vic carts that closed on Ebay r (Cyclon $112.37US and Crater Raider for $107.50US) for not posting today :>)

Brian
The unfortunate (for mayhem) thing is that about a year or 2 ago , a boxed mint copy of both cyclon and crater raider sold for like $35 each! from a seller. I should have bought them myself but I was in a dream state or something, i dont know... :D

Leo
Lloyd Mangram
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Jeff-20 wrote:y'know they took that coffin inside to put it inside two more coffins... so who knows what the final product looked like... a massive block like egyptian pharohs?
Maybe it's like those wooden dolls that fit inside each other? :?
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

KilrPilr wrote:
Centallica wrote:I think everyone's still in shock from the 2 Vic carts that closed on Ebay r (Cyclon $112.37US and Crater Raider for $107.50US) for not posting today :>)

Brian
The unfortunate (for mayhem) thing is that about a year or 2 ago , a boxed mint copy of both cyclon and crater raider sold for like $35 each! from a seller. I should have bought them myself but I was in a dream state or something, i dont know... :D

Leo
It would be interesting to know what Vic Carts went on Ebay during the early days (I've been a member since 1998 there) and I bet dirt cheap!

But like any hobby, there's trends and there will be down times in this one before the next uprising in prices.

If we would of have only known back in '84 what we know know :>)
Brian
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Centallica wrote:
KilrPilr wrote:

Brian

Leo
It would be interesting to know what Vic Carts went on Ebay during the early days (I've been a member since 1998 there) and I bet dirt cheap!

But like any hobby, there's trends and there will be down times in this one before the next uprising in prices.

If we would of have only known back in '84 what we know know :>)
Brian

Lol, The way I see it is now that mayhem has his copies, the price will drop significantly. :D Crazy Brit!

Yes you can say "if only we had known" but back then things werent that cheap. I mean sure, If you would have bought 20 boxed crater raiders or ultimas, u would be sitting pretty, but back then they had $50 price tags on them. I was 14 at the time and didnt have alot of money. Not only that but since were dreaming here, :) If I would have had $1000 to throw around back then, i would have put it into microsoft! :D

I hope the upswing in the hobby doesnt come for many years yet. Im still building mine up and really dont need to pay any higher prices. :)

Leo
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I've been on band practise all weekend, so I missed out on both the Pope funeral, prince Charles' 2nd wedding and to get myself really pissed on my 30th birthday (which happened on Friday, and we had a board meeting in the evening).
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image