My blue vic20 - pictures!

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Boray
Musical Smurf

My blue vic20 - pictures!

Post by Boray »

PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

well done man!

don't vic 20's look awesome with white keys?!

i will have to take a pic of my green vic!

chris
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Kinda cute. I'll have a Blue VIC-20 without you, it'll be so Blue, thinking about you...

Btw, I was looking for a German keyboard layout (VC-20), but I suppose only the localized German units had this, despite the renaming?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Wow, great stuff!

This makes me think, that if Commodore were around and selling VIC20s today, would they or a third party sell colored cases for the computers, sort of like you can get for Palm Pilot PDAs today?

(i.e. http://shop.brando.com.hk/image/m100colorset01.jpg )
tlr
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by tlr »

vic user wrote:don't vic 20's look awesome with white keys?!
They sure do!
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Thanks for all the comments!

I have two German vic20s and none of them has a German keyboard. But you can see on this keyboard that there is some Swedish characters on keys ; : and £. Well, this was the keyboard for my dear old c64 and I put those stickers on the keys so that I would remember which characters that was replaced with å ä and ö on the printer (and on localized c64 keyboards)...

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I think a VIC is a little too big for licensed modding.. but maybe those would be sold pre-manufactured in different colours like the iMac - which IIUC internally are or were keyed so parts don't fit between e.g. red and blue iMac.

Anyway, if you put a white keyboard and are looking to spray paint the case, try a medium cyan colour so the VIC will resemble the start-up screen.
Anders Carlsson

Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

carlsson wrote:I think a VIC is a little too big for licensed modding.. but maybe those would be sold pre-manufactured in different colours like the iMac - which IIUC internally are or were keyed so parts don't fit between e.g. red and blue iMac.
I just remembered, there were third-party cases available for the C64. They were used to 'convert' a C64 into a 64C look-a-like. pic

Anyway, if you put a white keyboard and are looking to spray paint the case, try a medium cyan colour so the VIC will resemble the start-up screen.
:lol:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I am looking forward to a VIC mod contest. I recall a camoflague-painted VIC in RUN magazine (circa early 90s long after its popularity).
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Blue Vic 20, white keys . . . I knew it seemed familiar. :lol:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

:lol:
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i wopnder how many different colours there are for that vic for that book?

the copy i have has an orange vic on the cover.

chris
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Like this?

http://www.ntrautanen.fi/computers/comm ... owboom.jpg

Notice that one version says "Arcade Games" while the other only says "Games".

My version of the book - "Spela VIC" is red with a pair of dice and an actual VIC-20 photo on front. On the other hand it is not "Zap! Pow! Boom!" but a fully translated combination of that book and "Symphony for a Melancholy Computer", which makes it hard for me to tell which listing comes from which book and their original titles.
Anders Carlsson

vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Notice that one version says "Arcade Games" while the other only says "Games".
neat!

chris
idrougge
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by idrougge »

I see that I'm not the only one who's put a VIC-20 keyboard into his C64C.
C128, C128D, C64, C64C, ABC80, ABC800, ABC806, 130XE, ZX81, Spectrum 48k, Dragon 32, TI99/4A, Laser 200, Spectravideo 328, Sord M5, VIC20...