2 x 1520 plotter on ebay

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

The alps mechanism used in the 1520 was used in many other plotters such as the atari 1020, the Tandy cgp-115 and a few other brands. Ive done searches on all types that I have found or thought of and I cant find any quantity of pens for sale. Maybe you may have better luck. On my mainpage of my website (link is in my signature) you can find more information on the different product numbers and types if you are interested. As for paper. I have about a dozen rolls for my personal use and I imagine it wouldnt be hard to find 4 inch wide rolls of paper somewhere.
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

KilrPilr wrote:I have about a dozen rolls for my personal use and I imagine it wouldnt be hard to find 4 inch wide rolls of paper somewhere.
Yeah.. But my toilet paper is also for my personal use.. :D

:lol:
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Ok. I did buy that one 8)

Now I am just curious how connect it to Commodore Vic20 or C64..

Guess I would need also paperholder, paper and pens.. 8)

If it works.. :wink:
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Mikam73 wrote:Ok. I did buy that one 8)

Now I am just curious how connect it to Commodore Vic20 or C64..

Guess I would need also paperholder, paper and pens.. 8)

If it works.. :wink:
Cool! It connects via a standard serial cable. Good luck finding a loose paperholder. You are prolly better off to make one for yourself out of cardboard or something. And for paper and pens, good luck with that too. Let me know if you find a good source :)
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

oh and one other thing I could throw in here. So long as the power up sequence looks something like this
you should have a fine working 1520. :)
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Got nice link from Lemon64 forum:
http://landover.no-ip.com/128/viewtopic.php?id=1405

(Thanks, you know who you are 8) )

There is something wrong. Got this info from seller, but I am not sure whats wrong.. My english.. I guess.. I did just understand that something doesnt work.. ;)

--

I have found a Mains Lead and when I connected it, the Unit sprang into life but the wire band which pulls the pens back and forwards did not work but did on the other one which is currently still in the auction. It may just need a bit of attention.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

A few weeks ago, I locally picked up a free VIC-1520 plotter that was partly broken, probably also dried pens. I donated it further, as it was not something I bother to tinker with.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Gray1972
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Gray1972 »

I wrote a screen dump utility for this printer to help with my O Level (UK) Computer Studies project back in 1987 or so. I think that it worked by looking up the bitmap patterns for each character on the text screen and then plotting them as individual dots. I should probably have handed THAT in as the exam project instead of the boring "Simon" game that I actually submitted. :)