ECCC Chicago Expo, September 29, 2007

Discuss anything related to the VIC
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Only three days now to the Retro Gathering in Stockholm.. I can't wait to see people from all over Sweden. I'll bring as much new VIC-20 releases as I can think of, both games and demos for anyone interested in watching.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

MacbthPSW wrote:I put up a few more pictures here, though they're not as good as Glenn's, I thought I'd still share:
http://www.psw.ca/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2223
Wow, on this photo Schema enjoy my Mega-Cart menu, to select some cart game, which are your impressions? any suggestion ?
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

gklinger wrote:
ral-clan wrote:Don't think I'll go to WoC though....
Why not?
Don't get me wrong. I love WoC. Would love to attend. I guess I just don't relish the thought of a five hour drive there and back, plus hotel fees for two nights, etc. etc. I realise there are people who travel days for this thing - they are definitely more dedicated than me! Too bad, as I lived in Brampton up until 1999! :)
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I plan on trekking back and forth from Oshawa for the event; hopefully, I'll hook up with someone there who's also from Oshawa. I also plan to take this opportunity to become a member of TPUG.

I already told my wife. Not to ask her if I can go, but to tell her I am going to go. She understands that letting me go to this will go a long way in keeping the peace...I'm just wondering what she's going to want in return...:?

Nevertheless, I'm going to feel (and act) like a kid again. :D
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

That gives me an idea. Behold! The official World of Commodore thread!
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

nbla000 wrote:Wow, on this photo Schema enjoy my Mega-Cart menu, to select some cart game, which are your impressions? any suggestion ?
Actually, one thing I kept doing was accidentally pressing "space" to move to the next page of the menu, which actually took me back to the previous screen. I think pressing space for the next page is more intuitive than F7. Maybe use the back-arrow key to go back a page?

Apart from that, the menu was amazing - fantastic job!
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I agree. Intuitively, space should go to the next page.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Schema wrote:Actually, one thing I kept doing was accidentally pressing "space" to move to the next page of the menu, which actually took me back to the previous screen. I think pressing space for the next page is more intuitive than F7. Maybe use the back-arrow key to go back a page?
ral-clan wrote:I agree. Intuitively, space should go to the next page.
You intend back or left arrow ?

Space come back to the EarlyMenu from ANY page
F5 or left-arrow go the previous page of the current menu (Carts/Publisher/Utilities/etc)

I may use backspace (back arrow) to come back to the EarlyMenu, left-arrow already used to go to the previous page like F5.
Last edited by nbla000 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

And how about auto-advancing to the next page when you scroll off the bottom of the page?
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

MacbthPSW wrote:And how about auto-advancing to the next page when you scroll off the bottom of the page?
I prefer to go up to the first item of the page, you may use the right arrow to go to the next page, in any case i may add this request as preference.
stonan
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by stonan »

carlsson wrote:Only three days now to the Retro Gathering in Stockholm.. I can't wait to see people from all over Sweden. I'll bring as much new VIC-20 releases as I can think of, both games and demos for anyone interested in watching.
Here are some pictures of the ongoing Retrogathering in Stockholm Sweden. http://picasaweb.google.se/anders.stonan/RG2007
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Thanks for posting that, stonan. Looks like a lot of fun and I wish I had been there. I would have bought a ridiculous amount of stuff!
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Wow this gathering looks like a pile of fun!

I need a better work / life balance.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

So far, it is mostly a market and swap meet but we're working hard to improve the exhibition, gaming, speaker and entertainment parts. This was the second year the meet was held, and we got quite a lot of media coverage from computer and gaming oriented websites and online magazines. One was even linked from one of Sweden's largest evening newspapers, so while it was nowhere near the front page it could be browsed to from within the newspaper homepage.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image