Stack Light Rifle -> tommygun + suitcase project

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

JanD
Vic 20 Newbie

Stack Light Rifle -> tommygun + suitcase project

Post by JanD »

Hello,
a while ago I made some extra parts for my Stack Light Rifle (well actually it's a look-a-like as there were many of these kind of guns in that time period). I made the drum magazine, the extra handle, the longer barrel. Some 3D printed, some MDF and a piece of 16mm grey PVC pipe (painted black).
The stack light rifle was released for the VIC20 and the C64 (and some other computer models like the ZX-spectrum).
The gun design which ultimately led to the stack light rifle, was a design in such a way that it could be easily modified with extra parts.
There were longer/shorter barrels, a stock, a sight, a magazine. But none of these modifications created the look of the iconic Tommygun.
Perhaps the most bad-ass gun for a gangster game.

So I decided to create it, I made a small video to show it to you all, hope you like it.
The video shows the gun and the case, because... well... the iconic Tommygun belongs in an appropriate case, doesn't it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC2MLJ2aEks

Now there is only one problem... the VIC20 and the C64 don't really have a bad-ass gangster game.
TheAnachronaut
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: Stack Light Rifle -> tommygun + suitcase project

Post by TheAnachronaut »

This light gun mod is magnificent! Which VIC titles utilize a light gun? Nothing I’ve seen! And which VIC CAD application was that you used to design this baby? (just kidding) you’ve got heart, I can see that, and an eye for detail.
Yours, Mark