Goal - ASCII Striker

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Goal - ASCII Striker

Post by Jeff-20 »

I don't know how many of you care , but the World Cup Quarterfinals start in a few hours. I couldn't sleep tonight, so I decided to make yet another flimsy effort at a game. I present to you, GOAL - ASCII Striker.

I suppose it should be PETSCII Striker, but it's too late now. You can download it on the front page or play a demo courtsey of mdawson.

It might be worth a few laughs. It's a penalty kick game in honor of all the tie-breakers in this year's World Cup. If you put it all on a disk, it also functions as a loader for my previous soccer and hockey games.
Attachments
goalsc.png
goalsc.png (20.02 KiB) Viewed 4719 times
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mike
Herr VC

Re: Goal - ASCII Striker

Post by Mike »

Hi, Jeff!

It's nice to see what a simple game of paper scissors stone can be turned into - even if here there's no way to make a tie (but I really think the game favours the goalkeeper in case of a 'tie' ;)).

Maybe you could add two difficulty settings: EASY (play as GER or nearly everyone else, except ...) and HARD (... ENG - :lol: ... this WM's success against Colombia just being the exception to the rule).
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Hahaha Thanks for playing. Mike. It was a silly effort. I think the probability of scoring should be higher to be realistic, but it felt more fun to make goals scarce.

I just finished watching Croatia beat Russia in kicks. It feels like every game is ending with a dramatic kick battle. It must make for good TV ratings.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
lance.ewing
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by lance.ewing »

It was certainly unexpected for England to beat Columbia in a penalty shoot out, but I've got to say that the English goal keeper isn't looking too bad in the game against Sweden today. He made some pretty good saves. Although I'm supporting England this time around, my home team is New Zealand, and I'm quite proud of the fact that they were unbeaten in the 2010 World Cup. They didn't make it out of their group, but they were still unbeaten, including a draw against Italy, which wasn't bad. A shame they only make it to the World Cup every quarter century or so. :(