creepy computer games

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

creepy computer games

Post by ravenxau »

hi all, when I was a younger programmer I had a book called "Creepy Computer Games" published by Usbourne. Unfortunately that book is long lost. I was just wondering if anyone in the forums has a copy of this book that I could get some scans of.

Love the vic-20 retro life.

Cheers all, Matt
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I've always loved games with a scary atmosphere. Ghost Manor is great. Someday I hope to make one. Brian K (Indiana) has a great "skull" graphic program. Has anyone seen it?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I think I have the book about. If I ever get time, I'll type them in for GB20.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by ravenxau »

finally got a copy off ebay - is anybody interested in the scans if i upload them
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i would be massively interested!

i have unformatted scans of the usborne adventure games book, and once i get them scaled down to a nice file size, i will upload those to my site.

chris
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

ravenxau wrote:finally got a copy off ebay - is anybody interested in the scans if i upload them
I would be VERY interested. I had this book until about 10 years ago when I stupidly threw away all my USBORNE books. Just goes to show you NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY! :lol:
Tepic
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Tepic »

I did the same. I'm slowly collecting them again though.
hawk
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by hawk »

I've still got some of my original books, but didn't realise how many there actually were. I've since started trying to build up my collection.

I don't know what it is about those Usborne books that makes them so attractive. The games are nothing special, but the artwork of the books seems to stimulate the imagination.

If you Google, you'll find that someone has already started to scan them and put them online. I don't remember the site, but I think is was a BBC related one.
ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by ravenxau »

i have the scans - but no account with the bandwidth to host them. If anyone wants to i can e-mail them a winrar archive of the scans
MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

Is there a definitive list of all the Usborne 8-bit computer books? I've got quite a few of them (including the one(s) mentioned in this thread), but I have no idea if I'm missing many. Some googling didn't turn up what I'm looking for.