Forum moved to new host

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mike
Herr VC

Re: Forum moved to new host

Post by Mike »

Erm,
joshuadenmark wrote:When i do a search on Minipaint, it shows this post as the last (page 5): [...]
if I didn't make that clear enough: all expected search results for that particular example from May 2010 to Nov 2013 are missing.

And I could easily find lots of other keywords, which won't give any result in that time span, even though I can easily point you to postings which contain those words.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Mike wrote:Erm,
joshuadenmark wrote:When i do a search on Minipaint, it shows this post as the last (page 5): [...]
if I didn't make that clear enough: all expected search results for that particular example from May 2010 to Nov 2013 are missing.

And I could easily find lots of other keywords, which won't give any result in that time span, even though I can easily point you to postings which contain those words.
How about now? Pleas look if this look better.
Kind regards, Peter.
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by buzbard »

Nice work on on the move Joshua, looks fantastic so far.

Is the initial URL (http://sleepingelephant.com/denial/) going to stay the same or do we need to update our bookmarks?
Ray..
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

joshuadenmark wrote:How about now? Pleas[e] look if this look better.
Yep. Great! Works now. Thanks! :D
buzbard wrote:Is the initial URL [...] going to stay the same or do we need to update our bookmarks?
I suppose so. Not only did Jeff mention this in the topic 'If you link to Denial, please link to the front page.' (with the given URL), there also exist lots of internal links in the forum, which rely on the original URL to function.
pallas
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by pallas »

I know you have more important things to fix, but I wanted to report it anyways: I believe the "favicon" is missing.
Since I have denial forum as a pinned tab, the favicon is very useful to identify the right tab.
Many thanks!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Yep it's missing - please create a new one with something more related to the VIC than an elephant :)
pallas
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by pallas »

I'm so bad on graphics but I'll gladly try.
Since I suppose the C= itself doesn't mean "vic-20" enough, on a so limited space the only idea that I have is something like "V2" :-/
Any better idea?
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

VC maybe? Mike would be happy :wink:
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Mike wrote: P.S. One bug-report: the old forum already used UTF-8, it seems however the text data was imported as being 8-bit ASCII. Older postings and private message with umlauts, for example, now display these as 'ö' instead of '
Hi Mike

Have run an conversion on forum posts, do you have a PM including the weird characters please send it as a PM
Kind regards, Peter.
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

The post you quoted now shows an umlauted o instead of two characters, so that worked.
However, it appears to be cut off - the corrected version isn't printed, and if I remember correctly, there were two examples.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Kweepa wrote:The post you quoted now shows an umlauted o instead of two characters, so that worked.
However, it appears to be cut off - the corrected version isn't printed, and if I remember correctly, there were two examples.
I think I will leave for now, the converted posts look ok now. I really don't know if I can do the trick on the PM's...

Next step is getting the WIKI running, hopefully this will work tomorrow if I am in luck ;)
Kind regards, Peter.
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

orion70 wrote:Yep it's missing - please create a new one with something more related to the VIC than an elephant :)
I use the website for things outside of the VIC too. Unfortunately, I don't know a way to make icons for each separate folders.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Jeff-20 wrote:
I use the website for things outside of the VIC too. Unfortunately, I don't know a way to make icons for each separate folders.
I can put a favicon on the forum, but I dont know if it will pop up on your other pages, but let's give it a try. Do you have one Jeff?
Kind regards, Peter.

Post by pallas »

you can specify a different favicon than the default (favicon.ico) in the html code like this:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://example.com/myicon.ico" />
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

So this is why my "new posts" link just took me to the random color elefant screen for the last couple of days... And here you were hiding all the time :lol:
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)