What's going on here??

Discuss anything related to the VIC
eslapion
ultimate expander

What's going on here??

Post by eslapion »

I have seen not a single new post in 2 days.

What's going on here?
Be normal.
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

I guess there's just not much to talk about at the moment. My VIC has been in storage for a while, but I plan on using it sometime this summer. I've mostly been using my Amiga computers recently. :)

Heather
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

Had an idea for yet another graphics-mode-improvement a few days ago and spent some hours today getting that started. These improvements are getting more and more difficult to come up with and implement and the gain will be hardly noticeable to the untrained eye. That's what's so fun about it :D
buzbard
Vic 20 Devotee

Re: What's going on here??

Post by buzbard »

eslapion wrote:I have seen not a single new post in 2 days.

What's going on here?
Summer time!
I love my VIC but I'd rather be fishing. :D
Ray..
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

I'm working on what may become my first VIC game, but I'm not sure yet it's going to work. Should be a hex-based sort of wargame. Still a lot of coding puzzles to even begin to be investigated; plenty of opportunities left to get stuck before I can present something.
Seagull
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Seagull »

Unfortunately life gets in the way of things sometimes, and that's usually a good explanation for things slowing down.

Life sidelined my Commodore fun 20 years ago, and I've been slowing getting back into the scene over the last year! Gotta throw out a thanks to everyone on the multiple Commodore forums for keeping the torch burning, and keeping the big C current!
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

I've been working on fixes for bugs in Vic Doom, and planning the technology for the sequel.
Also, work.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I've been virtually out of the VIC world since summer 2012, when my daughter was born and things at work got harder. This left me with few energy and no spare time.
pallas
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by pallas »

I've stopped cbmsh development because i was left with annoying cc65 bugs to workaround, which isn't fun at all :-/
I've got a project for a game which I'd like to start, but before that there is a baby coming in the next days so I think it will have to wait! :-)
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

It is a little quiet around here just now. I suppose it's just what happens sometimes. Flurries of activities and/or excitement and then RL® gets in the way of the fun.

Personally, I've not had a lot to say as I'm useless and not very proactive on the machine. I only really play games - I've tried writing them but I can't even get the joystick routine to work!

As soon as there's a nice new game to talk about I'll be there!

Anyway, Eslapion, are you working on anything VIC related just now? I always look forward to your hardware projects. How about a cost reduced MegaCart II or FE4? :P
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Anyway, Eslapion, are you working on anything VIC related just now? I always look forward to your hardware projects. How about a cost reduced MegaCart II or FE4? :P
I am tinkering with the idea of an improved Behr Bonz which would include about 200 games instead of 127. Also, since I didn't have a PAL VIC-20 back in 2008, I didn't realize how awful the menu colors look on a PAL machine so I would change that.

It is my feeling the Megacart and FE3 have gone farther than I ever thought possible with the VIC-20. I don't feel I would like to get involved in a project of this level of complexity.

Remember, Behr-Bonz really means "bare bones".
Be normal.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I'll keep an eye open for the BB 2 if you decide to do it. And, yeah, then menu colours are hard on the eye in PAL territory! :P

Mind you, I find the same issue with the FE 3 and that was designed by PAL users... Maybe it's just our old, tired eyes? :P
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3