What is happening here?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
lordbubsy
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by lordbubsy »

Of course, you are right! Thanks for pointing it out.
Eventually I could have noticed the difference in the number of pins :)

Seems that 16Kx4 SRAM is pretty rare? But with some luck I get my hands on one or two.
Last edited by lordbubsy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
8-bit assimilation
ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by ravenxau »

I too have only one working VIC and I am not willing to modify it in any way (except hardware projects that can be plugged into the external sockets). I did find your project facinating from a technical standpoint and followed the develeopment with interest. Denial is a small and tight community, never think your efforts go un-noticed or un-appriciated.
Android Tablet running Frodo 64 emulator running VIC 20 emulator....
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

I'm quite aware that opening the case and doing modifications on the mainboard is crossing the line for many people. Especially when it's in working order and there's no 'reserve' VIC-20 at hand.

But then, how is applying the S-Video mod or internally wiring a uIEC (both of which have been done by other Denial fellows) much different from the VFLI mod, other than in the quantitative amount of work involved?
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

I've already desoldered 2 chips without damaging the board. It's time consuming but doable...and I'm a novice.
I'm just trying to get my hands on another spare/non working Vic - got some leads and then I'll try getting the parts. Have several sites already lined up. Its gonna take me a while though...RL has been really bad as of late. :roll:
Learning all the time... :)