New game: Takeover

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

16KVIC20
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by 16KVIC20 »

Haven't had a chance to try this yet. I got waylaid by a bunch of VIC 20 type in books, and a Commodore 64.

I'll be on to it before the end of the week though.
16KVIC20
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by 16KVIC20 »

I managed to have a go on this tonight. A very good game, I enjoyed it.

Unfortunately I had to use VICE, as the recording I made of it this morning didn't work, it was like my VIC was deaf! Probably I had record levels wrong. I have another C2N to try yet anyway before I try re recording. I also had the same problem with Tetris+ and Vicolumns.

Congrats on a good game. Now I have a C64, I may even see about that version too.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Thank you! Hope you'll manage to play it on your VIC soon :) .
wimoos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by wimoos »

PhilRanger wrote:I couldn't help but notice that waiting for the computer to play is a bit longer than what I'd like. Would you like help to translate the slow loop to assembly?
Rewriting in assembly is not going to help. A different algorithm must be applied.

For a computer move, random numbers are drawn and then checked for use as a valid move. When invalid, this loops and other random numbers are drawn.
During the game, the number of valid moves deminish, so the loop is taken more and more.

The algorithm that needs to be used is comparable to drawing cards from a deminishing stock. This has been covered elsewhere in this forum.

Regards,

Wim.
VICE; selfwritten 65asmgen; tasm; maintainer of WimBasic