Mission X

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Mission X

Post by GreyGhost »

Hey all.

In the September 1984 issue of Commodore Horizons their is a game called Mission X. Just wondering if it is available for download somewhere?
Rob
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

If you have listing, by using CBM Prg Studio you may re-type it. :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

heh, that was my next choice. Not being able to grab the text from the mag is going to make it harder(hunt and peck typer here). Just wanted to find out if a down loadable version existed yet.
Also, I am an avid user of CBM PRG Studio. I am using it to write my very first all assembly language game. For some reason, I found it much easier to learn with than the other cross assemblers out there.
Rob
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Here it is. I looked at the machine code and cut 30 bytes of fat out of it. Not much speed wise maybe a cycle or 2. So, if it acts screwy at some point, let me know and I'll replace it with the original code. I do find it an entertaining game.

http://www.freedrive.com/file/1479432

Mission X
=========
Published: Commodore Horizons Magazine
Date: September 1984
Programmer: Richard Clark from Bubble Bus Software
Computer: unexpanded Vic20
Genre: side scroller

(From article)
Mission X uses the full potential of the unexpanded Vic 20. It's a fast-moving 3-D
game featuring impressive use of sound and colour.
It's a three stage game, in which the first part involves using your space fighter
to knock flags off the tops of enemy installations. Once this has been done the only way to
refuel by passing through as many fuel gates as possible. Finally you have to land your craft
on the landing.
Use F1 for upward thrust, and F3 to keep the ship level. Use neither and the ship
begins to fall. Each flag scores 100 times the flag number. Going through a fuel gate scores
250 and 50 fuel units. Completing a level scores remaining fuel times the level number.
There are eight levels of difficulty, with the height of the buildings becoming
more varied and more stars appearing in the fuel gate section.
Rob
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I love that they call the game 3D. Even with the rules, I can't really figure it out.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.