Sega MD Genesis carts

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Sega MD Genesis carts

Post by Jeff-20 »

I'm looking for any extra Sega MD or Genesis carts. Let me know if you have any you're willing to part with.

I am particularly interested in The Misadventures of Flink. It was only released as a cartridge in Europe. Foreign language, hacks, bootlegs, and other oddities are also welcome.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
robinsonmason
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Re: Sega MD Genesis carts

Post by robinsonmason »

Jeff-20 wrote:I'm looking for any extra Sega MD or Genesis carts. Let me know if you have any you're willing to part with.

Foreign language, hacks, bootlegs, and other oddities are also welcome.
I used to live in Japan and at one point had quite a collection of Mega Drive games. I'll have to ask around / search for them though as it has been several years and I'm not sure I even have them in my house (could be with a relative). Several were Japan-market carts.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

robinsonmason wrote: I used to live in Japan and at one point had quite a collection of Mega Drive games. I'll have to ask around / search for them though as it has been several years and I'm not sure I even have them in my house (could be with a relative). Several were Japan-market carts.
If memory serves, Japanese MD games only work on a Japanese MD unless you have a converter.
robinsonmason
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by robinsonmason »

Close -- I think I needed to cut notches or break little angled plastic bits out of the Genesis my brother owned so he could enjoy them back in the States - a pair of fragile tabs that prevented a cartridge from being inserted, something along those lines, but a very simple physical modification.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

I do most of my MD gaming via emulator these days. I have two MDs and 30+ games that I retrieved from my parents' garage and hardly ever use. Most of the games I have are pretty common; Splatterhouse 2 and Ghostbusters are about as rare as it gets.

I sometimes think about collecting MD games, but they're too expensive and I have enough on my plate with the GameGear.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Jeff-20 wrote: I am particularly interested in The Misadventures of Flink.
They have a few copies of Flink on eBay as well as the Mega CD version.
www.ebay.co.uk
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Cool! Thanks. I was hoping for a cheap copy. I'm not at all a box collector for this system. I just wanted to play the game as a cart. I'll put it on my flash cart this weekend and check it out. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much on it.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Vic 20 ->Sega Genesis? I don't think I'll ever understand the mind of Jeff. :?