Boray's online vic games! (using JarVic)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Boray
Musical Smurf

Boray's online vic games! (using JarVic)

Post by Boray »

I worked all day to get this to work properly and to write the instructions etc..
http://user.tninet.se/~jad615g/viconline/

It seems to work now, but sometimes I have to reload the page in Firefox to see the intro.

Thanks again Kweepa!
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Cool!
This makes it really easy to play a bunch of vic games!
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I like the style of your page.

If Jeff agrees we can add a denial page with his collection games too.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Whatever happened to the emulator on the Denial front page idea? There's 2 or 3 online emulators out there now, it'd be nice too have 1 on the best Vic site out there. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I added 7 more games now.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Anyone who wants to make a game page is welcome to use my page setup as a template for their own games. And Kweepa said he is happy the more people uses JarVic.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I wish to setup a test demo page on vic20.it, may you send me sample files ?

It use a LAMP platform btw I may also add a simple HTML page, do I need something spacial to add JAVA applets ?
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

You only need http://user.tninet.se/~jad615g/viconline/JarVIC048.jar in the same directory. I will send you a zip file with my whole page.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Thank you very much.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I've sent it to you now. I've only figured out how to load single file programs.

At first, the shift key kept hanging all the time when using the cursor keys, but I discovered that this stopped when I removed a parameter called "extendedKeyboard".
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

There is no automatic way to multiload.
However, it should be pretty easy to add manual multiload support to JarVIC. If there's a specific example you'd like me to check then let me know.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Thanks, but I managed to make my multiload games into single files instead :)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I had success with your files so I've just changed a bit the colors and added my favorite game, it is the first of the list, see my avatar :wink:

This is the page on line:
http://www.vic20.it/play

PS: I've hacked a bit your intro page too, I hope you don't fire me :oops:

When I will find time, in the next months, I will try to manage my own page.

Thank you very much Boray and many thanks also to Kweepa for his fantastic on-line emulator of course :wink:
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Sometimes the vic-20 intro program wasn't loaded with Firefox, but I think I have fixed that now by putting in a little message while JarVic is loading. How does it work now for you?
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Boray wrote:Sometimes the vic-20 intro program wasn't loaded with Firefox, but I think I have fixed that now by putting in a little message while JarVic is loading. How does it work now for you?
Yes, I've noticed it too, what do you mean for the little message, the message box for dual core warning ?

But there is an elegant way to understand when the jarvic is full loaded so the intro.prg may be loaded ?