Denial Collection 3 now available

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Still haven't got mine yet. I'm starting to get worried now. :(
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Jeff mentioned tracking numbers. I wonder if those could be published or at least PM:ed to let us trace our own receivements?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Still haven't got mine yet. I'm starting to get worried now. :(
Have you tried your local sorting office? Sometimes the Postman forgets to put a red slip through your door if you're not there to receive the package. I once reclaimed an undelivered VIC 20 in this way.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I know you asked Pedro, but personally I can say as much both my local delivery place and the actual post office grumble loud enough when I come with a slip to pick something up. I can barely imagine their level of unhelpfulness and irritation if I would come asking for a package I have no proof of should have arrived yet. The woman at the post office has even told me she would be happier if people stopped sending stuff by post. Yeah, what would her work duties consist of then?
Anders Carlsson

English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

The postal workers in my area are very friendly and amiable, apart from one who can be a trifle brusque at times. I've been buying goods online since May 2008 and only three or four items have gone astray with no hope of recovery.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I think I might have to start chasing it up at the Delivery Office. It's a bit of a pain though as the office is a fair distance away, I have no transport and it's thick with snow and ice!

Aaarrgghh! I just want my Christmas pressie!! *stops stomping up and down...* I feel like I'm missing out on the last great release of 2009 and by the time I get my mitts on it everyone'll have talked themselves out! :(

Pesky postal services...
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Ha! Item #6/45 arrived today. It was a nice surprise after coming home a bit late after work and grocery shopping. However it will have to wait a day or two before I get to play with it.
Anders Carlsson

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

carlsson wrote:Ha! Item #6/45 arrived today. It was a nice surprise after coming home a bit late after work and grocery shopping. However it will have to wait a day or two before I get to play with it.
So, there's still hope for me then. Come on postie, come on!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I suppose my tracking number was LC004918062US. I have no idea if those numbers would be in series, i.e. someone else got .. 8063US.

Then again, USPS.com only says the parcel was accepted on December 10. The Swedish post office refuses any knowledge of this tracking number, so it makes little sense.
Anders Carlsson

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I have a long receipt with tracking numbers on it. I don't know where it is at the moment, but I will find it. The problem is I didn't pay for tracking, so the receipt just has numbers. I wouldn't be able to separate on package from another because they were all mailed together and in no particular order. I would have to investigate each one and do process of elimination. I'll try to research it today.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

As I mentioned, you will probably only see that every single package was accepted in Chicago. What happened afterwards will depend on the recipient's post company, whether they add the number into their tracking system or not. Apparently the Swedish post office didn't, but I can't know how closely the Royal Mail follows up incoming packages.
Anders Carlsson

orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Mine arrived at my workplace while I was away for Xmas holydays :D :D :D . Found it in the mailbox today.

It's #4. Thanks so much, Jeff: it's a wonderful little thing. I'm already playing Ten Ten and the great Improbable War instead of setting up the dinner :P .
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

23 confirmed arrivals. Who's still waiting?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Any chance of electronic delivery?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Jeff-20 wrote:23 confirmed arrivals. Who's still waiting?
Me. :(

I'm going to go to my local distribution office next week if it hasn't arrived by then.