New release: VIC Bones educational software

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

orion70
VICtalian

New release: VIC Bones educational software

Post by orion70 »

Hi there,

I just released a new educational game: VIC Bones, which is a small BASIC program exploiting the advantages of the 40 columns to teach the name and location of many human bones.

I hope that other anatomy lessons will eventually follow this one (for Centallica: I'm thinking about nerves, muscles, and so on - no pun intended :D ).
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Very good game for coming Halloween :wink:

Is it a conversion or is a your "ORIGINAL" work ?
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

It's inspired by an educational program for the C64 published in an old Italian magazine that I found in my gar(b)age last week :wink: .

I deeply modified it and tried to fit the graphics in 22 columns, but the result was not satisfactory, so I used FAT-40 and PUCrunch once again :) .
Wilson
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Wilson »

Great work! It seems I'm a little rusty on my bones, but not for long :D. I have a lot of respect for the big Vic-20 projects, but seeing things like this really make me smile. I wish software like this was used at school. It would make learning much more fun. When I finish my game (might be a while...) I'd like to contribute some educational software too.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Thanks Wilson- I saw my first VIC at school, and I was very proud that mine had a microcomputer in a time when most teachers didn't even know what it was. :roll: So, I decided to create a new series dedicated to the human body.

I think that educational software deserves more preservation efforts. Question for collectors here: is there a comprehensive database of VIC edu programs and books somewhere?
TarkaTOtter
Vic 20 Dabbler

Latin Bones

Post by TarkaTOtter »

Hi

Excellent work.

When I first tried it I was pleasantly surprised that I remembered so much from 30 years ago!!

shame I used Tarsals instead of the latin Tarsus.

Thank you,
Tarka
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I'm glad you had fun with it. Hope I'll have time for other apparatus (ooops, Latin again :D ).