FREE VIC20 Books + FREE Shipping

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

airship
Vic 20 Newbie

FREE VIC20 Books + FREE Shipping

Post by airship »

I don't own a VIC-20 (*gasp*) but I got a bundle of VIC-20 books with a lot of Commodore 128 books I purchased. So I'm offering them here for FREE, shipping included. I have to clear off some space on my bookshelves.

Here's what I have:

Boxed set (CBM): VIC Revealed, VIC Games, VIC Graphics, & Stimulating Simulations for the VIC. Still has the original price sticker and receipt. Some lucky pup got this for $1.97 on closeout at Toys"R'Us! :)

VIC-20 Programmer's Reference Guide (CBM). Note scribbled inside front cover, otherwise very nice.

VIC- 20 Programmer's Notebook (SAMS). Includes original full-price receipt from 1983. Excellent condition.

Personal Computing on the VIC-20 (CBM). (c) 1981. The VIC-20 manual that was included in the box. Quite good condition, no marks.

Compute's First Book of VIC (Compute Books). Excellent shape. No marks.

VIC-2, Compute's Second Book of VIC (Compute Books). Again, Excellent condition, no marks.

All of these are in truly wonderful shape, and I just want to see them get good homes. That's why I'm offering them for FREE. Just pay it forward.

Here are the rules:

Only one book per customer. (Yes, the box set counts as one book. I really don't want to break it up.)

PLEASE don't ask for a book if you already own it, or if you are planning on reselling it. This offer is for those who truly can't afford to buy or can't find their own copy. (And, yes, PM me if you want to narc on people here who are that kind of person!)

PM me to ask for a book. First come, first served, unless I get several PMs that say you're a poser.

I will PM the winner back, and add a post back here when a book is spoken for.

No whining about how long it takes me to get a promised book to you. It may take a week or three before I feel like getting up early on a Saturday and going to the post office.

That's it! Good luck.
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Yes please to the Programmers Reference.

PM sent

Thanks

Ian
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I've PM'd you as well! I'll give a fiver to charity if I haven't been beaten to the book. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Hey, not too bad for a first post, welcome to denial :D

Since I have rewritten many compute's type-in games Italian translated for the PaperSoft project, I'm glad to receive Compute's First Book of VIC (Compute Books) if possible so I may compare and retype missing games.

I think same for Orion70, VIC-2, Compute's Second Book of VIC (Compute Books) just a pre-request for him :wink:, btw he will confirm of course.

PM sent.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
airship
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by airship »

Wow! That was quick!

All are gone except the VIC-20 manual and SAM's VIC-20 Programmer's Notebook. (BTW, the notebook is not a notebook you write in, it's a 'how to program the VIC-20' book by a guy who used to write the "Hobby Corner" column in Radio-Electronics magazine!)

Also, ALL of the requests so far have been from overseas! I didn't think about that. Looks like that 'free shipping' is going to make this giveaway more expensive than I thought! :)
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

airship wrote:Looks like that 'free shipping' is going to make this giveaway more expensive than I thought! :)
No good deed shall go unpunished. :(

I'm sure these good people would be willing to pay for shipping given that the books are free.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
airship
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by airship »

Nolo problemo. I promised free so it's free. :)

All books have been claimed.

Thanks for playing, everyone!

If you won a book, it'll be a few weeks. 'Free' overseas probably means 'by slow boat' unless there's such a thing as international media mail.
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

Hey airship, nice to see you here! Reminds me I have to come back to Commodore 128 Alive; I haven't been there for a while. See you there!
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

nbla000 wrote:I think same for Orion70, VIC-2, Compute's Second Book of VIC (Compute Books) just a pre-request for him :wink:, btw he will confirm of course.
I do confirm, the Second Book of VIC is OK for me. Don't know if Airship airships ( :D ) to Italy though. :?:

PM sent.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Up!

News from Airship, anyone? :?:
airship
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by airship »

All books shipped out today.

Tsk, tsk. I TOLD you not to be impatient! :)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

:!: Didn't have news from you in PM- I guess I missed the Second Book of VIC, right? :cry:
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Yesterday I received the Book (Compute's First Book of VIC), it is in good condition with some nice notes too :wink:

Many thanks.

Am I the first that received a book from airship ?
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

nbla000 wrote:Am I the first that received a book from airship ?
Airship very kindly sent me a book, although not one of the ones listed here (he did a similar altruistic give-away at Lemon.)

Thanks, airship.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.