HTML Walker

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

Boray
Musical Smurf

HTML Walker

Post by Boray »

Web pages on your unexpanded/expanded vic20 as well as C64, C128 etc... Has the World Wide Web finally reached your vic20? Well, the main purpose of HTML Walker is not to display existing web pages on your vic (even though this is possible), it's a program for you who like to do some word processing on your Commodore 8 bit computer. Use your favourite Commodore 8bit text editor to write the text while using html codes to format the text. Then use HTML Walker to print it out, or to watch it with formatting on the screen, or to convert it to plain petasc without the html codes.

Go there:
http://user.tninet.se/~pug510w/datormus ... alker.html
(The web page was made with a C128D)

/Anders
Last edited by Boray on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Mike
Herr VC

Re: HTML Walker

Post by Mike »

Hi, Boray!

From your web-page:
Boray wrote:[...]HTML codes are stated withing "greater and less than" brackets. I can't write them here as HTML Walker (as well as any web browser) would think that it's a HTML command. So look at this text in a text editor for examples. In the rest of this document, I will use "[" and "]" instead, [...]
I do have a small suggestion:

It is possible to quote the 'less than', and 'greater than' brackets, as well as the ampersand sign, and double-quote within HTML as:

< = <
> = >
& = &
" = "

You could include this convention within both Text Walker and HTML Walker.

Nice programs!

Greetings,

Michael

P.S.: BBCode somehow dis-obeys this convention. When I had written '<', '>', '&', and '"', they all came out as '&'! So I resorted to the numeric ASCII equivalent (as in '<' for a quoted '<') while writing - this does the job...
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Thanks! Maybe in a future version then! ;)

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I believe phpBB uses safe tags, i.e. unless the administrator turns HTML on, all tags you try to write will appear literal in the message, <b>like this</b>. Unfortunately, HTML entities like & amp ; seems to be cut off completely if you try to write them.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

How to convert a TextWalker document to petascii html that can be
used with HTML Walker:

First, load the TexWalker file to be converted.
Then add the following lines:

3000 open1,8,2,"0:file.html,s,w"
3010 print#1,"<html>"
3020 reada$:ifa$<>"<end>"thenprint#1,a$:goto3020
3030 print#1,"</html>":close1

Then run the new code with:
run 3000

And ready... If you want a PRG file rather than a SEQ file, then
change line 3000 to
3000 open1,8,2,"0:file.html,p,w"

And of course, you can also change "file.html" to something else
if you like...

(This text was written on a C128D ;) )

/Anders
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

V1.1 is released!

/Anders
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

V1.2 is released!

News:
# Direct support for WriteNow files (Vic-20 editor).
# Filenames ending with .html or .htm sets the deafult characterset to "a"=ascii (but you can of course change it).
# Filenames ending with .wn sets the default characterset to WriteNow.
# All other files gets p=petascii as the default characterset. But as said, you can always change this.
# The screen does not get cleared on program start so that you will be able to see filenames etc on the screen while typing in the filename. The intro message is also shorter because of this.
# ASCII2WN bonus program added (converts from ascii to WriteNow).
# H-MENU-20 was added and support for it was added in htmlwalker. This is a special version of Vic Menu v20. (Vic-20 only) Works as a menu for the disk (and other disks) to start programs and to load files into htmlwalker: If you press return on a filename that ends with .html .htm or .wn then HtmlWalker is loaded with the selected filename and device number automatically inputed. Htmlwalker is loaded from the same disk drive unit that you loaded the menu from even if you changed unit with the menu. If you have expansion ram, then H-WALKER-20 is loaded, else H-WALKER is loaded.
# More instructions in html format was added.
# The compiled Vic-20 version is 43% faster than before (on ascii) as I now made an extra version optimized for the compiler.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

V1.3 is released.

News:
# HtmlWalker can now read files from tape.
# H-Menu (vic-20) is now better on recognizing html files. Filenames truncated by 64HDD (and the menu itself) is now recognized (.html .htm .wn .htm* .ht* .h* .w*) and also all combinations of mixed case letters (.Html, .HTm etc...)
# Compiled versions of HtmlWalker V1.3 added for C64, Plus/4 and of course the VIC-20.