WTB: Vic-1011A

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

zektor
Vic 20 Newbie

WTB: Vic-1011A

Post by zektor »

Looking for the RS-232 interface cartridge. I am trying to set up a BBS, and apparently the software that I want to run will not function on a Swiftlink RS-232 (what I own) due to the fact that support for it was never included (Ivory). But, it supposedly does have RS-232 connectivity via the userport. So, if anybody has a VIC-1011A for sale, please let me know. Thanks!
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Doppleganger used to make and sell RS-232 user port adapters based on a design by Jim Brain. I believe they are VIC-1011A compatible. He might have some left or will be willing to make more.

There are some pictures here:

http://www.doppleganger.org/commodorepics.html
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

A brilliant fellow at retro-link.com by the name of Rorshach made this up for me:

He doesn't participate here, but I'm sure if you signed up for an account at retro-link.com, you and him could get in touch and he could probably make one up for you as well. He's very reasonable.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

DigitalQuirk wrote:He doesn't participate here, but I'm sure if you signed up for an account at retro-link.com...
Dork. hahahaha :lol: Should we expect direct mail marketing soon? Is this the final chapter for Denial?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Jeff-20 wrote:
DigitalQuirk wrote:He doesn't participate here, but I'm sure if you signed up for an account at retro-link.com...
Dork. hahahaha :lol: Should we expect direct mail marketing soon? Is this the final chapter for Denial?
Huh?

The guy doesn't participate here because he wishes to avoid certain abusive trolls that do not participate there, that's all. It's nothing against you nor Denial, which I am confident will exist for a very long time to come.

EDIT: By the way, it should be noted that retro-link.com is free to everyone but me; I pay for it out of my own pocket, and do not ask for (nor accept) donations, nor do I personally perform sales or transactions there. As such, the comments about direct mail marketing are off-base and completely uncalled-for. I run it simply for a love of retro-computing. It's my hobby, and I intend to keep the assholes out of it.

'Nuff said.