WTB: Commmodore diskettes

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Iltanen
Vic 20 Devotee

WTB: Commmodore diskettes

Post by Iltanen »

Are these things rare? I've been searching eBay regularly for these but can't seem to find any. It would be nice to have some genuine C= diskettes for use and maybe a sealed pack too

Are there commodore datacassettes? Things keep disappearing from those 90-minute cassettes
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Commodore made their own floppy disks. The first few batches labeled PET-Disk and VIC-Disk were said to be of very poor quality. Lots of drop outs, read/write errors, generally like a bad noname floppy disk. They're perhaps nice to collect, but not so much to use.

Possibly later C= branded floppy disks were of higher standard. I think I know someone who has one or a few boxes of unused floppies. I can look around and ask if they're for sale.

The approx C15 tapes are a bit more common, at least those labeled VIC-20. You may see them once in a while, but I don't know if they're really better than any other tapes. Personally I rarely had data to go bad on a C60 or C90, even when using Turbo Tape 64. I know the manufacturers recommended you to not use tapes longer than 10-15 minutes per side (at most C30) but I think that was to sell more tapes and save you the hassle of fast forwarding.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Iltanen
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Iltanen »

I haven't seen even those cassettes. I'll keep looking on ebay for them