New Game - "Parachute"

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Iltanen
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Iltanen »

Well, if your high score is 700 then it sure is playable to the end. Great attention to detail really, every little thing that was in the original is there.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I wish to reorganize MegaCart roms to add Parachute too, may you support joystick or add left/right keys info on title screen ?
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Victragic
Frogger '07

Post by Victragic »

nbla000 wrote:I wish to reorganize MegaCart roms to add Parachute too, may you support joystick or add left/right keys info on title screen ?

I really don't think it lends itself to joystick, but I can add Left/Right info onto the title screen.. will let you know when this is done.
3^4 is 81.0000001
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Victragic wrote:I really don't think it lends itself to joystick, but I can add Left/Right info onto the title screen..
OK, Left/Right info onto the title screen is enough, is just to not confuse the user when select the game and do not know how to play it.

I suppose with your answer that you agree on my "Parachute" addition to the MegaCart, right ?
hitm4n
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by hitm4n »

Hey Victragic. Firstly i signed up here to let you know that your game is featured in this months Retro Gamer magazine and gets a nice review. UK Magazine, Issue 54, from Imagine Publishing.

Second... I host a g&w sims archive at http://www.handheld.remakes.org and i am always on the lookout for new sims to add. Its a VERY extensive archive covering remakes for zx81, spectrum, NES, Mac, Sony Clie, SNES, Palm, DS, GP2X, C64, AtariST, Amiga and of course Windows and many more... There are over 300 files in the archive now but the good ol' Vic20 is yet to be supported. You must be an old timer fan of the old g&w's to remake one, so i think you'll enjoy the site (if you don't already know it).

Can i add the game ? Do you have a webpage ? Whats the .prg file for ? Can we talk about future sims ? I understand you might do Mario Bros next and i'd like to keep in touch and host your future game. Thanks. Hitm4n.

Check out the site :D
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

hitm4n wrote:I understand you might do Mario Bros next and i'd like to keep in touch and host your future game. Thanks. Hitm4n.
I'm involved too on this project but VicTragic is busy with "real life" at the moment so Mario Bros is in StandBy for a while?.
hitm4n
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by hitm4n »

no worries. would still like to hear wether theres any concerns over me hosting parachute. I don't normally ask, but then the authors aren't always accessible or current. thanks.
hitm4n
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by hitm4n »

Well i posted it. I suppose if you REALLY don't want it listed you'll have to email me.

News is here

http://www.handheld.remakes.org/gamesindex.php

Parachute list is here

http://www.handheld.remakes.org/results ... =Parachute

Look forward to hearing about future games :)
hawk
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by hawk »

Hey Hitm4n,

Great news about the Retro Gamer review. 8)

I look forward to it's arrival in the post.
hawk
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by hawk »

Glen,

Hate to bug you, but is there any chance of you building this game to run from $A000 so I can play it from my new nvSRAM cart?

If you can supply a doner cart, I may be able to make you an nvSRAM cart in return. :wink:
Victragic
Frogger '07

Post by Victragic »

hawk wrote:Glen,

Hate to bug you, but is there any chance of you building this game to run from $A000 so I can play it from my new nvSRAM cart?

If you can supply a doner cart, I may be able to make you an nvSRAM cart in return. :wink:
Sorry for the lack of response, I've been out of action the last month or so.

I'll see what I can do re making it as a cart - I assume it needs standard cartridge headers etc?

Anyway, catch up soon

-G
3^4 is 81.0000001
Victragic
Frogger '07

Post by Victragic »

hitm4n wrote:no worries. would still like to hear wether theres any concerns over me hosting parachute. I don't normally ask, but then the authors aren't always accessible or current. thanks.
Hi,

no that's fine, thanks for the interest and I'll let you know of any updates etc.

Cheers
-G
3^4 is 81.0000001
d0c
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by d0c »

@Victragic

how is it going with the mario bros game?(the one in your avatar).... or is it not a game?
1983 vic20 & 3k-16k ram expansion....
SirClive
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by SirClive »

Hi Victragic. I reviewed your excellent Frogger 07 for the RGCD discmag (which I think you saw). I have just finished a review of Parachute for the next issue and just wanted to congratulate you on another wonderful game.

What are you working on next? If you are up for it I'd quite like to do a developer interview whenever you release another game to coincide with a review.