Is there a Vic Tracker 2.0 disk or cart??

Discuss anything related to the VIC
8bitweapon
Vic 20 Newbie

Is there a Vic Tracker 2.0 disk or cart??

Post by 8bitweapon »

I'd like to use it on my real Vic20, but I dont have the tech to get the disk image to my vic20...

Any ideas??

Thank you in advance,

naughtyboy
www.8bitweapon.com
wiskow
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by wiskow »

I sent you an e-mail on this...
Cottonwood BBS & Borderline BBS
http://cottonwoodbbs.dyndns.org
moogplayer
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by moogplayer »

Looking to revive my old Vic 20, and I'd like to get my hands on Vic-Tracker on a disk, cart, or cassette. Any help would be appreciated!

-
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Vic-Tracker 2.1 appears on MegaCart.

However, this is about 6 weeks away from general availability.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
moogplayer
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by moogplayer »

I can wait...thanks for the info
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Moogplayer, where are you located? I suppose you have a 16K memory expansion already? I doubt VIC Tracker is optimal to use from tape, but disk works fine. If you don't have the means to copy a disk, someone else could help you for costs of media and postage.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
moogplayer
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by moogplayer »

Hey Carlsson,

I am in San Diego, California.

I had a 16K Ram cart but can't find it, so I guess I'll for another online.

I don't have what it takes to copy a disk. If someone could get vic-tracker 2.0 or 2.1 on a disk (or flash it on a cart!) for me I'd gladly pay for postage + media. If not, I'm down with waiting for the multicart.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

moogplayer wrote:Hey Carlsson,

I don't have what it takes to copy a disk. If someone could get vic-tracker 2.0 or 2.1 on a disk (or flash it on a cart!) for me I'd gladly pay for postage + media. If not, I'm down with waiting for the multicart.
Be aware that the multicart may cost $100 or so. Definitely worth it for what it contains, but maybe not the best solution if all you plan to run is VicTracker.
wiskow
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by wiskow »

moogplayer wrote:Hey Carlsson,

This is precisely what I did for 8bitweapon who began this thread, and I'd be more than happy to do it for you, too. He sent me a d64 of Vic-Tracker 2.0 (which I still have), and then I transferred the disk image to a real disk and mailed it to him. I live in Moreno Valley, in Riverside County, so postage wouldn't be much. PM me if you're interested. :)

-Andrew
Cottonwood BBS & Borderline BBS
http://cottonwoodbbs.dyndns.org
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

moogplayer wrote:I don't have what it takes to copy a disk. If someone could get vic-tracker 2.0 or 2.1 on a disk (or flash it on a cart!) for me I'd gladly pay for postage + media. If not, I'm down with waiting for the multicart.
If you have a C64 the best solution is an MMC64 (about $50) that use an SD-MMC to copy files (d64 too) from PC to real 1541 disk, after you may use this disk to your vic of course.

If you intend for cart form a rom on eprom 2564/2764 etc, does not exist the Vic-Tracker in cart form.

Vic-Tracker works in RAM only, 16K expansion required.

It may work on MegaCart just because, on MegaCart, eproms are used as a big disk drive that load the program in RAM, the MegaCart is a 32K+3K expansion too.

ral-clan wrote:Be aware that the multicart may cost $100 or so.
We are working to keep MegaCart's costs low using good components anyway, likely the final price will be under $100, it depends on how many MegaCart units will be produced.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

The full distribution of VIC Tracker also includes help files and a set of example songs. The one distributed on the MegaCart will just be the executable itself?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Yes, the MegaCart contains the VicTracker 2.1 executable and all demo songs in the extra section too.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Unbelievable. You guys have forgotten nothing.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Thanks Golan :oops:

I've tried to fit all user requests, if i'm not wrong Vic-Tracker is a ral-clan specific request and was really difficult to keep space for it, but is a must since is the only professional and modern music tool.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Yes it was my request -- thanks for fitting it in. I really think it needed to be included as (I will repeat) it is the only "serious" music composing tool for the VIC. The cartridges released back in the 80s like VIC MUSIC COMPOSER are more game-like.