New Games will come to the VC-20

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mobsie
Vic 20 Drifter

New Games will come to the VC-20

Post by Mobsie »

Hello to all,

in front of all Sory for my bad english, i am from germany.

I read this forum every day at work. It's great to see the VC-20 is still alive.

It was my first Computer 20 years ago, after then i have a lot of other computer's (c-64,Amiga,Atari Falcon, Acorn Risc-PC, usw.)

At work i must programm PC's. At home i use only MAC, because i will work not crash.

But i like to think abot the good old day's and i often play on my REAL VC-20. I don't like Emu'S.

And now i beginn to write new games for the VC-20. I don't think about the Retro factor. I only write games for us to have fun with our VIC.

I will often post news here about my work.

Cheers
Mike
Tepic
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Tepic »

Welcome Mike.

I can't wait to see your games!
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Great! And welcome!

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
damethius
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by damethius »

This is my second attempt at posting this message. My first attempt was lost due to a blue screen of death. Something unheard of on a Vic 20.

I too am getting back to my Vic after not touching it for about 5 years. I had to do a repair job to get my Vic up and running and while doing so I also bought two more on e-bay. My original Vic didn't work, but after getting together with my neighbor, we cleaned the circuitry, cleaned the contacts for the keyboard, and did some soldiering of lose wires. Then all was well with it again.

I look forward to the world of poke (p shift o) and peek (p shift e). I will be starting to write some basic and may be even take up some machine language programming. I bought a 6502 machine language book from http://www.oldsoftware.com/ a couple of weeks ago.

My Vic 20 was my first computer (early 80s). We had about a dozen games for it. We couldn't afford any more so I wrote my own games. I have a project later this summer to try and re-cover some of those games and if I deem this still worthy I may post them here (wrote them as a 14 year old).

Thanks Jeff for directing me to this community. I am glad to see that the Vic 20 still has a community of its own. As it had such a major impact on me and landed a career in computing.
Mobsie
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Mobsie »

Hi,

yes the VIC-20 is still alive.
My own ASM Rutines (Scrolling and Softsprites=Shapes) are now working and i can beginn thinking about different gameplay.

Cheers
Mike
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Cool!
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)