The World of Commodore, December 2 2006 in Toronto

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Schema
factor

The World of Commodore, December 2 2006 in Toronto

Post by Schema »

:D

http://www.tpug.ca/woc/

There seems to be a lot of Denial members around Toronto and Ontario, hope many of you can make it!

It's a bit light on VIC action again this year (as in, none so far). I'm already doing a PET demo and a C64 demo, plus I usually help with the running of the show, so I'm not going to have time to do anything else.

A demo or even just a talk on the state of the VIC20 hobby/collecting community would be super. Any volunteers?

Even so, it's a great chance to spend the weekend hanging out with fellow Commodore enthusiasts, buy some stuff, and maybe even learn something.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Re: The World of Commodore, December 2 2006 in Toronto

Post by ral-clan »

Schema wrote::D

http://www.tpug.ca/woc/

There seems to be a lot of Denial members around Toronto and Ontario, hope many of you can make it!
Would love to make it, but it's not likely I will. Too bad this thing only started up again after 2004 - I lived on the outskirts of Toronto (Brampton) up to 1999. Too late for me to attend!

Maybe one year we'll have a WOC-OTTAWA (not likely I know).

Still, it's great that this thing is going on and I'm looking forward to pictures and reports.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

I'm gonna try to make it this year...told the wife I'm going and no scheduled overseas guests to interupt the plans like last year :evil:

Vic-user or 6502dude you coming?

Brian
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Schema wrote:A demo or even just a talk on the state of the VIC20 hobby/collecting community would be super. Any volunteers?
What about Eslapion? A demo of one of his hardware projects would be quite interesting. I wonder if he would be willing...
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

ral-clan: There's a guy named Dustin (aka Fuzz) from Ottawa that usually comes down to the World of Commodore and I think he's coming this year too. If you could carpool to Toronto and back, do you think you could make it? Alternately, if you could take a bus or a train down I could pick you up and get you to and from the show. It would be great if you could join us. The more the merrier.

Sorry for the double post.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Those sound like some good ideas Golan :D

Are they biting on the idea/offer?

Brian
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

gklinger wrote:ral-clan: There's a guy named Dustin (aka Fuzz) from Ottawa that usually comes down to the World of Commodore and I think he's coming this year too. If you could carpool to Toronto and back, do you think you could make it? Alternately, if you could take a bus or a train down I could pick you up and get you to and from the show. It would be great if you could join us. The more the merrier.

Sorry for the double post.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think it's more of a time/cost thing for me right now. Nice of you to offer to pick me up though!
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

I think it's more of a time/cost thing for me right now
i am in the same boat as ral-clan.

love to go, but just have bigger fish to fry during that time sadly.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

gklinger wrote:What about Eslapion? A demo of one of his hardware projects would be quite interesting. I wonder if he would be willing...
This is well noted.

Who would like me to demo my 32k RAM expander?
=====================================
Added:

I will drive all the way from Montreal, so if anyone wants a lift...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

eslapion wrote:
gklinger wrote:What about Eslapion? A demo of one of his hardware projects would be quite interesting. I wonder if he would be willing...
This is well noted.

Who would like me to demo my 32k RAM expander?
=====================================
Added:

I will drive all the way from Montreal, so if anyone wants a lift...
I think a Vic-20 representation of new product would be great for Commodore enthusiasts :D

I'm sure me and Leif could bring some stand-up cardboard people holding Vic-20 computers in the air with crowd noises coming from a hidden recorder to raise the event a notch up for you :D

brian
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

vic user wrote:
I think it's more of a time/cost thing for me right now
i am in the same boat as ral-clan.

love to go, but just have bigger fish to fry during that time sadly.
That's too bad as I hear their will be "the Vic-20 girls" lap dancing and taunting you with rare software (no pun) this year :lol:

Brian
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

eslapion wrote:Who would like me to demo my 32k RAM expander?
/me raises hand

I think a VIC oriented demonstration would be a great addition to the schedule. There will be lots of 64 oriented stuff and as Leif said, one of his demos will feature the PET. Having an Amiga oriented demo (there was a very interesting one last year) would round things out nicely.

I'm once again debating (shoot me now) about offering to do a demo about emulation for those that no longer have hardware and I've still got my notes from the last year's aborted CML demo. I guess I'll wait and see if they need an extra demo or two to fill holes.
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

That's too bad as I hear their will be "the Vic-20 girls" lap dancing and taunting you with rare software (no pun) this year Laughing
i do know that once i finally get to hang out with you, it's going to be a blast :)
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Please take lot pics.. 8)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

vic user wrote:
That's too bad as I hear their will be "the Vic-20 girls" lap dancing and taunting you with rare software (no pun) this year Laughing
i do know that once i finally get to hang out with you, it's going to be a blast :)
You gotta watch out for Leif, he's the wildman :wink:

(At least with a soldering iron anyways) :D

Lookin forward to that day man to hang and have a few laughs 6502 style
:D
Brian