Back with a bruised knee and missed a VIC-20

Discuss anything related to the VIC
carlsson
Class of '6502

Back with a bruised knee and missed a VIC-20

Post by carlsson »

Now I'm back after a week in Italy with my orchestra. Currently I'm limping as I fell and bruised a knee last Tuesday (now Sunday). I'll have to visit the nurse tomorrow and get a diagnose if something is worse than it is supposed to be.

Italy was nice and hot, with two rainy evenings in the end of the week. I didn't look for, and thus didn't spot, any 80'ties computer related items. However, my parents went to a local auction today while I was home resting after the trip. Imagine my anguish when they told me that there was a VIC-20 on the auction, and that it:

1. included some peripherals like datassette and tapes, maybe more
2. was not sure if it sold, and in that case, for something like $3
3. if it was not sold, it will probably be dumped as landfill
4. the auction house is not continuously running, so calling and ask if it really was sold probably won't make sense

Argh! :evil: If I had known, I had limped there despite an injured knee only to pick it up for $5 or so. God knows if it was socketed, working, included some odd software etc.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

welcome back. tough luck on the vic, but your abscence allowed me to overtake you on posts again. :P

just curious. what instrument do you play?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I'm playing the alto saxophone. The nurse had a look at my knee and thinks it is a more than usually nasty infection so she remitted me to the doctor for the afternoon. I'll probably "only" get antibiotics though.

I really hope that VIC was cost reduced, partially damaged and didn't include anything else than a few ultra common tapes which have been partitially demagnetized over the years. :twisted: Or I may call them :?: :!:
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image