Paint Program for the VIC20

Discuss anything related to the VIC
yago
Vic 20 Newbie

Paint Program for the VIC20

Post by yago »

Hi folks,
I would like to pixel some graphics for the VIC20, are there any native PaintPrograms ?
Would be cool, if they can run on unexapnded machine, or with 3k mem expansion.

Have Fun,
Zed
d0c
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by d0c »

i am also intressted in some painting programs for the vic20.... i have a 3k-16k ram expander..
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

I've found 'Picasso' by Aleksi Eeben. There is a *.lnx file on ftp.zimmers.net, but I didn't manage to run it with VICE. Fortunately Aleksi has put a *.d64 here: http://www.cncd.fi/aeeben/download.zip. Inside the archive there is 'picasso.zip', which in turn contains the picasso.d64 disk image (with versions for unex., +3K, and +8K/more VIC's). The *.d64 features the 'Flowers' image drawn by Mermaid. :)

There also is Brickshop 0.8 by PWP, mentioned and used in their 'Robotic Liberation' demo. It however seems they didn't publish Brickshop.

And if you are interested in programmable graphics, you always can try my MINIGRAFIK BASIC extension. ;) (Explanations and syntax are found here and here, some examples are also strewn across the topic).

Greetings,

Michael
Last edited by Mike on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yago
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by yago »

I've found 'Picasso' by Aleksi Eeben.
Thanks Mike, that was a very fast reply :-)
I'll give it a try.
There also is Brickshop 0.8 by PWP, mentioned and used in their 'Robotic Liberation' demo. It however seems they didn't publish Brickshop.
OK, I'll ask viznut about it.

I am doing the programmable graphics in assembly, have you seen http://k2.untergrund.net/demos/yalose.prg ?

[/url][/quote]
CurtisP
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by CurtisP »

Mike wrote:I've found 'Picasso' by Aleksi Eeben.
Has anyone else figured out the keystrokes to work this?
viznut
Robotic Liberation

Post by viznut »

Ok, I'll mention Brickshop here too :)

It's available at http://www.pelulamu.net/brickshop/.

I didn't publish it because it's still quite buggy, but you can give it a try. There's source code too!

PAL only, mainly because of the raster feature.
d0c
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by d0c »

i have tryed these paint programs and i find them very unpleasant to use... i would say picasso is the best but its very little user friendly.... if anyone is up for the task to improve the picasso paint program to work more like amica paint/art studio/koala paint it would help alot. but that is alot of work i guess, and you must have programming skills...

anyway as it is now i wish for a program that can convert the c64 koala paint/art studio pictures to the vic20 format, but maybe this is not possible?...
1983 vic20 & 3k-16k ram expansion....
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

You may not get a 1:1 conversion because the colour resolution among other things is different, but when I used ppm2vic, I found that some C64 screenshots (dumped as GIF from the emulator) were rather good to work from as they contain a limited number of colours and already were pixelized.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image