Late (not actually) to the FE3 party. Operational Queries.

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

8bitDenial
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Late (not actually) to the FE3 party. Operational Queries.

Post by 8bitDenial »

srowe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:39 am
8bitDenial wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:39 am A nice RENUM command may come in useful, though I guess there’d already be a separate program/routine for this already, which I can add into the program loader, assuming I can ever create a working one… :roll:
I've released a new version, 1.8, which has a REN command in the wedge. This can be used to renumber loader files. Download from the usual link.

:!: It makes no attempt to fixup line references within the program. This isn't a problem for loader files but it will mangle any file with GOTOs etc.
Thank you.

I’ll download and update the FE3.

Studying the loaders in the collection you linked to, I’ve successfully added a few newer games to the menus and “fixed” the broken Zak McKraken loader in the latest collection.
8bitDenial
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by 8bitDenial »

@srowe The REN function works great. Thank you for adding it.

“REN start, step” renumbers just as I’d expect. It doesn’t matter to me that it doesn’t handle GOTO/GOSUBs, just creating space to insert more entries into the LOADER files is enough.

Incidentally, the firmware revision, shown top-right, still displays v1.7p?
Last edited by 8bitDenial on Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srowe
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by srowe »

8bitDenial wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:43 pm @srowe The RENUM function works great. Thank you for adding it.

“RENUM start, step” renumbers just as I’d expect. It doesn’t matter to me that it doesn’t handle GOTO/GOSUBs, just creating space to insert more entries into the LOADER files is enough.
Glad it's useful.
Incidentally, the firmware revision, shown top-right, still displays v1.7p?
I failed to do a full build before making the release. I've now pushed a zipfile with this corrected.
8bitDenial
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by 8bitDenial »

Updated FE3 firmware. Now displays v1.8p

RENumbered the Utilities menu of the Software Collection and successfully added the wAx2 toolkit (running it from a .prg file I added to a .d64 image), as the first menu option in the Utilities menu.

I've yet to work out how to load the CRT image of wAx2, which resides in the source folder of the zip file I downloaded from GitHub.

My PU+2 arrived today, but worked for only 20 minutes before failing. It's going back for warranty replacement but I loaded wAx from it before it died but it was enough to pique my interest. I had to see if I could get it working from the FE3 until the PU is replaced.
srowe
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by srowe »

8bitDenial wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:59 pm I've yet to work out how to load the CRT image of wAx2, which resides in the source folder of the zip file I downloaded from GitHub.
I recall there was a thread about the CRT format. I'll take a look and see if I can write a converter to generate a loader file from one.

Edit: Full documentation is here