First VIC-20 Software-Database !

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I have plenty of room here if you want any assistance/space for a project on this site. Just let me know how I can cooperate.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Gaia
Vic 20 Newbie

VIC-20 Database

Post by Gaia »

Wonderful idea! I love databases :-)

When citing examples, let's not forget the Commodore plus/4 database here:

http://plus4.emucamp.com

Some might think the plus/4 had no software written for it, now we are exceeding 5000 pieces. Something like that for the VIC-20 would be fantastic (GameBase is not the solution as it's only about games) There should be one central place for all VIC-20 related information: program files, tape scans, TAPs, cracker & demo groups, Kkowledge Base etc.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

dumping tapes

Post by bokvamme »

I'll start dumping my vic20 and c16/plus4 tapes soon.
I've been doing c64 for some time, much more to come soon.
As soon as the prototype of Luigi's DC2N is ready this work will speed up considerable.

They will be available from my own sites.
The taps will of-course be available for other bigger/more known sites as long as credits are given AND the information/images are free for all.
Example of site for the c64: c64tapes.org.
(yes, I know, the design, or lack of it, is bad :-)
(I'm into preserving, not marketing..)

Only games I own and of other active contributors will be added.
There will be no entries in the databases of any game/util/program not owned by an active contributor.

btw: I only add cleaned taps, the raw tape dumps are of-course also kept, but are not to be spread. They will of-course be available for research purposes. There are far too many bad (raw) taps available...
and I dump all version of a game: original release, re-releases and compilation versions.

I will of-course also dump tapes already dumped by others as ALL my tapes will be dumped.