Thank You

Discuss anything related to the VIC
chysn
Vic 20 Scientist

Thank You

Post by chysn »

This is just out of nowhere, but I wanted to say it. I've got friends who've recently been complaining about toxicity on various fandom forums. I don't participate in any of those, and I'm a member of only a couple other forums aside from this one (generally related to electronic musical instruments).

What I wanted to say is, I'm lucky to have found this forum. People here are respectful and helpful, generally stick to the topic, and even when they don't stick to the topic, they don't go way astray into politics or conspiracy theories. I daresay, it's an emotionally mature group.

So, thank you to you all for keeping this one of my favorite online refuges.

Love,
Jason
VIC-20 Projects: wAx Assembler, TRBo: Turtle RescueBot, Helix Colony, Sub Med, Trolley Problem, Dungeon of Dance, ZEPTOPOLIS, MIDI KERNAL, The Archivist, Ed for Prophet-5

WIP: MIDIcast BASIC extension

he/him/his
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Re: Thank You

Post by Jeff-20 »

Thank you for being a part of this, Jason. This community started on a pleasant vibe and used to be much larger than now. It went through a very rough period full of bickering and discontent, but warring parties on both sides eventually lost interest and wandered off to other forums I presume.

Occasionally, we still have personality conflicts here and there. I personally think some hobbies tend to attract those of us with less developed social graces 😅 I find it helps to assume everyone has good intentions even if communicated in a way we might choose.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
AndyH
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by AndyH »

Have to agree. It's a good place to be.
--
AndyH
HEWCO | Vic 20 blog
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I subscribed to several forums in the last two or three lives, and must say I'm impressed by how superior this is in terms of Benutzerfreundlichkeit :mrgreen:

Even now that my VIC 20s are getting dust on the shelf, I come back on a regular basis, and enjoy it.
huffelduff
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by huffelduff »

Yeah we all love the VIC, and that is what binds us.

I also just have to write this: It took me decades to discover the VIC and my love affair with it now compels me to write code for it every day.
And this forum is a treasure trove of information.

So to you all: keep on rocking

H