Is The Vic Your Favourite 8-bit?

Discuss anything related to the VIC

Is the VIC-20 your favourite 8-bit machine?

Of course!
54%
I love it but I have another fave.
46%

Total votes: 37

gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

PaulQ wrote:Wow, Golan; you've been snubbed by Mr. Bernardo. I don't think he likes the cut of your jib.
/me shakes his head

He just doesn't get it. My distaste is being tempered by pity.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

PaulQ wrote:
Pedro Lambrini wrote:If Theres any chance of an 80 column card I'd definitely be in for one. And I'd hassle Orion to make versions of his text games for it!!
I think it'd be cool if it also came with 32k expansion in the same cart. It would be like an entirely new Commodore computer to me.
That would be very cool. All sorts of interesting things could be done with that. Maybe even the Infocom interpreter could arise from the grave... :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
TNT
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TNT »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:That would be very cool. All sorts of interesting things could be done with that. Maybe even the Infocom interpreter could arise from the grave... :)
You mean that one which is bound to get some final expans... errr... final features now that the author has a new gadget to play with?
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Wha?? It's still alive? Too cool! Oh, well sod the 80 column card!! :p
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
CrAlt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by CrAlt »

The vic is my #2 fav 8bit.. A new 80 col card would definitely bump it to the top if someone could clone them. My vic would get tons of use as a terminal with a real 80 col display. The 22col display is just to much for me do deal with for any amount of real hacking.

My #1 8bit is my CoCo2. Its sooo much more crappy compared a CBM machine (It doesnt even have real lowercase or composite output) but that lime green screen is burned in to my brain from my childhood. It was my 1st computer and its what i know.

The online CoCo community basically imploded around 2000ish.Its just about a dead system now. There is a guy at coco3.com thats trying to jump start it but I duno...

This website got my to fire up my old grandpa's VIC and start learning it. With all the new stuff coming out for the VIC and these homebrew hardware developments the VIC far from dead! 8)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

CrAlt wrote:A new 80 col card would definitely bump it to the top if someone could clone them.
Maybe someone could adapt a modern graphics card and integrate commands for it in the kernel and basic! :) And why not a dual core cpu as a help processor with a couple of dedicated gigabytes as well...
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)