NoMess

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

That's what I expected, I only write about 'notes' because I think that you have to store the sound information like that.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

It's about 65% ready now and I have only used 214 bytes. I write it in assembler (dasm), so you can probably just copy the code into your assembler and select the starting address...
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Cool, I'm very eager to test this!
dasm source should be no problem.

So we will have our second co-production, seems that we begin to establish some sort of symbiosis :lol:
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Knowing that I have some spare bytes I implemented a little HiScore-tracking.

Pressing H will show the highest score (and corresponding MAX value) for the actual difficulty level. NoMess will keep track of 5 different HiScores for the 5 levels, I will have to save them optionally. For now HiScores are gone when you restart NoMess.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Ready :D Just sent it to you by email. I used 340 bytes. A bit less if you remove the intro jump table (that not is needed other than for my own testing)...
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Great! Will try them in the evening, have no sound here for testing...

Ok, incorporated your sounds, see first message for link!

Made two versions, one with and one without sound and even managed to save the HiScores :-)
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Hello, my name is Rob and I'm a recovering NoMess addict.

:D Fun and addictive.

Great work guys.
Rob
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Small update: NoMess2 now with togglable (is that a word?) background sound, simply press S to toggle it on/off. Thanks again to Boray.

And corrected a small bug in both versions which resultet in sometimes wrong HiScore calculation, i.e. thinking that an actual lower score would be a HiScore...
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

And another update :-)

Version without sound is now obsolete and will not be supported any longer...

Version with sound now with new feature: first click only marks the chars and shows how much are marked, moving the cursor will un-mark them or another click will delete them.

This way you (especially me...) cannot delete accidentally a large amount of pieces instead of the two adjacent which you want to delete. And you can see how much pieces are marked.

If there are no bugs I think this version is finished! 45 bytes are left, but just now I have no idea what to do with them.

Can anybody change the subject of this thread? It's no longer a work in progress... :oops:

Have fun!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Hm, aren't you allowed to change your own (first) message? The subject line sits in that message.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Oh, I didn't recognized that... Stupid me *slap*
In fact I edited my first post a lot of times...

Ok, and just to prove me wrong another time, another small update :-)
There was a little problem when clearing a whole screen, and I additionally worked a little bit on the sound. Now you get some feedback when clicking, even if there are no symbols to remove.

Björg
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Update: The sounds are finetuned and bugfixed. And here is a web page for the game:
http://user.tninet.se/~pug510w/datormuseum/nomess.html

/Anders
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

A great update with the sound and with the new features!

BTW, the sounds (except the random background notes) are the same as in NEBULOUS, a game I played on the Amiga... Congrats to the sound coder, considering the difference beween the humble 6560/1 and the "Paula" chip of the Amiga. :)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Thanks! I played Nebulus on the c64 back in those days but I don't remember the sounds :wink: