Post here everytime you get something new for your Vic

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah, I must admit I was a little fortunate to spot them... and that the seller was willing to ship to the UK. Who knows how many ALA titles there are out there still waiting to be found...

I've also just found someone with a handful of missing Wunderware and Nufekop titles, awaiting a reply to the message I sent them...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Mayhem wrote:Not sure if I've actually posted something in this thread about getting games yet... anyhow, here's some new additions from our favourite publisher, ALA Software... more for the GB20 pile!
WOW, very lucky !!!

Once you grub TAP files, if you need a PRG file just tell me :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Will do... might not be for a little while though, I'm off on holiday for two weeks from Tuesday...
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Gamemate wireless joysticks, wow these are so retro cool.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... =all&tid=0

Also Moons of Jupiter - WOW! how many software sprites on screen, this is fast code.

and

Gridtrap by livewire - cool unique puzzler with moveable playfield for added dimensions to play
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Another bunch of random tapes for the GB20 pile... I also got tapes by UMI called Vicat and Vicheck, are those utilities?

kc2ykn
Vic 20 Newbie

Cart Info.

Post by kc2ykn »

I have the following carts and I would like to make a ROM image of them to share with others if possible.
UMI Wordcraft 20 (16k ROM)
UMI ViTerm B [16__]
Kantronics Hamtext Client for amateur radio.
AEA-SOFT MBA-Text VIC-20 PROM Ver 1.0 SYS40969 to start

I also have a cart for a C-64 called Mini-Jini which was a database program. Is it possible to make a ROM copy of it and have ot run on a Vic-20? The instructions reference the Vic more than the C-64. Any help would be of help/
Thanks,
kc2ykn
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

A few weekends ago I went to the house of Judy Ranheim, widow of John Ranheim who ran the Jason Ranheim Company, a well-known company which sold specialized boards for Commodore and which advertised in many of the C= magazines during the 1980's and 1990's. She was giving away the remainder of the company's inventory to our club so that others could use the materials. For a look at some of the goods, look at her photos on the front page at

http://retro-link.blogspot.com

Of special interest among the goods was the Moses assembler cartridge and instruction binder for the VIC-20. Among the photos at the above link, it is specifically at

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uiFKKv3uSy0/T ... 00/038.jpg

I had never come across Moses, "The Assembler of the Ages", before. That and another unidentified VIC-20 board with an eprom on it were among the goods, along with VIC-20 books.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Just bought a boxed Stack Light Rifle. I hope this one works as I always wanted one of these £29.95 beauties back in the day and my loose one does not work.

If It does I will have one available for spares or repair.

Also a Stack Storeboard - anyone have any information on the storeboard operation?
Vic20-Ian

Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Store board received - boots up to 8k expanded.

Plastic centre pin rivets hold it together.

1 row of DIL sockets (CR2, CR4, CR6, CR8) populated with 4 HM6116P-3 2k ram chips for the 8k.

2 more rows of 4 DIL sockets (CR10-CR24) free inside so I guess they take it up to 24k.

2 more DIL sockets inside another 4k? Labelled 3R3 and 3R12

1 DIL outside Empty - is this the Storeboard socket for a ROM?

3 switches

Storeboard On/Off

3K On/Off

SW2 On/Off - this one drives the 8K on and off

If anyone has a manual scan I would be very grateful.
Vic20-Ian

Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Boxed Stack Light Rifle received.

A real man's light gun with detachable barrel and shoulder stock!

Vic20 Version with user port only connector.

My other version I have must be C64 as it has a user and joystick connector. Never got it working...previously.

Tested the Vic version with a D64 image of the supposedly included tape games and it works after a bit of colour tweaking on the 14" tv (My last CRT set)

It works quite well.

Glorious 12th has the best graphics and gameplay - 100 bullets to shoot birds unless you shoot the red men who pop up for 5 or 6 extra ammo

High Noon is a bit weak, cowboy runs diagonally to a target and you lose if he makes it.

Gallery, the Last game is a white square bouncing around the screen. Works ok but a bit boring.

I tried the C64 lightgun - it would not register the trigger pull, I wiggled the cable while firing and suddenly sound from the game - intermittent break in the cable.

The C64 version works on the Vic if the joystick connector is also plugged in.

The tape in the box is not the Stack demo tape. It is Ducksoft Vic Games, quite a good collection of Frogger, Pacman and assorted novel games plus double height characters and some other data utilities.

I can save these to a d64 if they are not in an archive already.

Mayhem do you have this tape?
Last edited by Vic20-Ian on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vic20-Ian

Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I've not got anything by a company called Ducksoft, so if you can transfer the games on the tape, that would be great (and an inlay scan).
CBR125R
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by CBR125R »

A few days ago I bought a 16K expansion, a copy of Choplifter, and a copy of Omega Race as a bundle for just $3 plus shipping!

This morning I bought a copy of Gridrunner off eBay. Unfortunately it was significantly more than $3.... :|
MicroPet
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by MicroPet »

I just got a Stack lightpen and Concentration tape. I haven't managed to get the tape loading yet so I've no idea if the pen's any good or not... I'll keep on trying though. I've got a suspicion it's more to do with my Datasette than the tape itself.
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Received some 2k ram chips and populated 10 onto the stack storeboard, now have a 24K expansion and a separate 3k expansion in one. Seems a bit inelegant to use an extra 4K to get the 3K expansion but never minds.

Also has a socket for a ROM in which I have placed a spare Vickit 1 eprom. Works Great.
Vic20-Ian

Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Received a very nice order of items from Ebay.

Several books, Dr Watson Assembler course with tape (I have a spare if anyone wants to buy one), Intro to basic 1&2

Stack Multi Rom carrier (use 4 different 4k roms in one cartridge and switch with a few pokes.

White Vixen 3(4) slot expansion

Few standard ram packs and carts Boxed M/C Monitor, Sargon.

Some Maths and Vic Writer software and a few tapes.
Vic20-Ian