Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
pallas
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by pallas »

Mine is because I like a band called Pallas ;-)
cip
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by cip »

Hello all,

I am Richard Lagendijk and I am a Commodore collector from the Netherlands. My username is based on my first homepage I built, the Commodore Info Page. On this web page you can see my personal collection of Commodore items.
Seagull
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Seagull »

Hey all,

Started using my handle back in the '80s, when the BBS scene was running wild, and figured the name suited me, as I was always scrounging up things like computer equipment, games, what have you.

Was trying to think of a user name for here, but when the old name came to mind, and I remembered that things really hadn't changed, when it came to 'scrounging', I figured might as well stick with what works!

Used PET's, VICs, and 64's, back in the day, and the 64 was my main unit, but still have fondness for the VIC, and this looks like the place to keep up to speed on what's new and exciting!
Muzz73
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Muzz73 »

Awesome! Welcome, all!
BCNU,
Louis
freshlamb
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by freshlamb »

I guess I have decided to come out of the dark, so I will introduce myself. I am a musician who has always loved the Vic 20 and have dabbled in programming. Being in an isolated community I thought that there wasn't anyone in the world who still did anything with a Vic. Then I found Jeff's Denial page on Geocites and followed it, when it moved here. I started programming the games for the vic in 1984, then I started trying to figure out how to program in Machine Language in 1991. I still have only a basic grasp because I am self taught and have not moved to an assembler yet. Lurking here for many years I find the genius here a bit intimidating, but I have recently completed (for me) a huge project (all ML game nearly 7K) and hope to post it and the other 30 games I have created soon.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I totally forgot that I once had a Geocities page for Denial! :lol: I wish I still had the html or maybe a link to it via the wayback machine archive. I don't recall the address.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
freshlamb
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by freshlamb »

I actually have an old page that links(ed) to it. It was : http://www.geocities.com/denialgames/ I also have a logo you made (I will leave it up for a while): Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Ah, yes! I remember that! I don't recall what the rest of the page looked like. I think I had just figured out how to use MS Paint. hahaha
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Awww, it's not at archive.org. :(
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I think a page needs more traffic to be archived. hahaha At least there's still evidence of the original fanzines from the 90s.
cobracon
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by cobracon »

Hi all. I came up with my username because my usual names where always taken. Also the name seemed kinda GI Joe-ish.
vicariousVIC
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by vicariousVIC »

Hello. I just decided to see if I could get vic in there somewhere, which I did. Twice. My name is not vic, it's Chris and I'm from York, uk. I know almost nothing about the vic20 but there was an untested one on eBay close to where I live which I picked up with a few cartridges and what have you for £10. I put a plug on and it works perfectly. I had a sd2iec for the c64 which I got going after a bit of fiddling.

I'm going to play a few unexpanded games, look at the basic programming book, which is really warm and non-techy. I doubt I'll have the skills to come up with much but I'd be interested in doing a text adventure type thing, and maybe some music on it.

Time will tell if I take to the vic, but initial impressions are very favourable. I was a spectrum user as a kid, commodore 64 was always a bit "up market" and I wasn't over keen when I finally did get one a couple of years ago. The vic seems to fall somewhere between the two - affordable and friendly while still being high quality. Ie - no rubber keys and wobbly interfaces.

So hello!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Hello and welcome!
brain
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by brain »

Not sure if I ever did this...

Though it might come across as grandstanding and arrogant, my last name really is "brain", and it's the user name I have used since College.

Jim
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Interesting Jim, I have a friend here in Italy whose last name really is Cervellini, which in Italian means little brains, so I guess yours is better :)