Favourite Bat'n'Ball Game on the Vic?

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Favourite Bat'n'Ball Game on the Vic?

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I've been playing lots of Kweepout and Balls to the Walls over the past couple of days and it has me thinking about all the bat'n'ball games out there that I've played over the years.

Thinking about all the time I've put in to this genre I've come to the conclusion that it happens to be my favourite and I didn't even realise it!

Anyway, there are quite a few games for the Vic that I've played but I'm sure I must be missing at least one gem out there...

I would have to say that my favourite (at the moment!) is Kweepout. It's got a nice difficulty curve and though the ball movement isn't the smoothest it's always consistent and predictable.

So, do you guys like this genre and, if so, what's your fave on the Vic 20?

:)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

One of the reasons I wrote Kweepout was that there aren't many quality versions on the VIC. I surveyed the "competition" before I started - but I might have missed something... On other 8 bits, obviously there's Arkanoid, which is easily my favourite.

(I could update Kweepout with some smoother ball movement... it's rough obviously because it's a quickie conversion of the BASIC version... or someone else, who has just recently discovered this is their favourite genre, could!)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

My favorites are The Sky is falling and Clowns (if they fit into the genre) both controlled with paddles.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Super Smash.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

@Kweepa; Ha! I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Clowns is a great game though. I prefer it to Circus Atari on the VCS - I just wish I could score higher. :)

I've never really played Super Smash. That's more like Super Breakout isn't it? I'll need to try it out again this evening...
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
rhurst
Omega Star Commander

Post by rhurst »

I did not put the "love" in this game as I have done with others, but Break-out! is okay, and it offers paddle/joystick and smooth ball play. It's the only game my wife will play with me. :?
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
https://robert.hurst-ri.us/rob/retrocomputing