Found some cool pictures

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Boray
Musical Smurf

Found some cool pictures

Post by Boray »

PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Seems you have to copy and paste the url
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Nice photos, they seems monster vs arachnids movie :wink:

btw I like this photo too.

Finally now I have a photo of the guy who posted this image and written some nice Pac-man clones for the Vic about 30 years later... :wink:

Robert, you seems a very friendly person in your facebook photo, I hope it isn't just an impression :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

Boray wrote:Seems you have to copy and paste the url
Why don't you use the url tag?
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Awesome. Can you translate the article please? Is he promoting some sort of VIC music interface?
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Nice glasses :shock:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Schema wrote:Awesome. Can you translate the article please? Is he promoting some sort of VIC music interface?
Looks like Dutch...
folkoh
Vic 20 Amateur

couldn't resist

Post by folkoh »

Yes, it is Dutch and I don't speak this language.

But since it is a language very close to German (it's like you are totally drunk and try to speak and write German - no offense my Dutch friends :wink: ), I tried to give you a translation as good as I can (surely improvable, it was very low-res and hard to decipher, too).

Oh, how I love those cheesy ads. The US had Shatner, the Netherlands apparently this TV moderator Ad Visser (never heard of him before, must have been a Dutch not a European phenomenon).

So here is my shot for a translation:

Ad Visser sees music in your VIC 20
!

At first I was looking at the VIC 20 as a useful tool to store all my music-related information. By pressing only a few keys, I would be able to display the most important facts about many famous artists on these planet right on my screen. A great tool which could be quite useful within the hectic life of a TV Presenter. But when I started to discover the VIC 20 a whole new world opened for me...

My friends know that I do not only like listening to music but also like to play and to compose for myself. The synthesizer is the instrument of my choice. Now the VIC 20 has become a good friend of mine, because this magical box delivers great services that improve my compositions!

As an example I've discovered that I can use the musical capabilities of my microcomputer to enhance the possibilities of my synthesizer. (10 REM I'D LIKE TO HERE THAT!!!:lol:) Since then I became more aware to look for more applications my VIC 20 can run. And if you start looking you will discover a river full of unexpected opportunities.

To me it is clear that in almost every household where today a radio or a TV can be found soon there will be a place for a home computer.
And because the future has already begun, I found it reasonable not to wait any longer for it.

Still, I never thought that the VIC 20 would become such an essential companion. And I know, I've only started my journey now...

SIGNATURE AD VISSER
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

After the picture is taken, everything falls over. :lol:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
folkoh
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by folkoh »

Jeff-20 wrote:After the picture is taken, everything falls over. :lol:
Right, but maybe that's the way the VIC 20 added some special effect sounds to the synthesizer music... :lol:

Any volunteers here to search, find and call Mr. Visser to ask for some of his music with VIC 20 sounds in it? (ok, probably it never existed, but then again - who knows?)
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

hehe
Rob
zutman
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: couldn't resist

Post by zutman »

folkoh wrote:Yes, it is Dutch and I don't speak this language.

But since it is a language very close to German (it's like you are totally drunk and try to speak and write German - no offense my Dutch friends :wink: ), I tried to give you a translation as good as I can (surely improvable, it was very low-res and hard to decipher, too).

Oh, how I love those cheesy ads. The US had Shatner, the Netherlands apparently this TV moderator Ad Visser (never heard of him before, must have been a Dutch not a European phenomenon).
Well I speak dutch and your translation is more ore less correct. But hey, my English also improves when I am drunk:)

Ad Visser was the nerdy presenter of AVRO's TopTop Disco Show wich was broadcast in during the 70ties and 80ties on Dutch TV, back when there were only 2 national TV channels (no commercial TV yet). The guy is indeed comparable to Shatner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUrYPWXHFhw

Nowadays he is into his own form of extended conciousness and electronics new age music (background music alert):

http://www.advisser.nl/

BTW, he also made several CD's with music "composed on Amiga's", I think as part of a promotional deal with Commodore. I still have the MP3's, and now that I listen to them: they are maybe composed on, but definitely not played by an Amiga. 80's cheesyness.
vic20.nl : home of the FE3 Inspector
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Wow, that picture is a lot cooler than the test reveals.

It's not like the VIC-20 even controlled or sequenced the synthesizer, most likely.

Yeah, and I love the way the 1540 is precariously teetering on the Korg synthesizer!