Increased Activity

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Schlowski
NoMess!

Increased Activity

Post by Schlowski »

When browsing through Denial I am very impressed by the sheer amount of new projects in the moment.
Is it only me or is there a sudden "boost" in interest for the VIC? Not only from collectors or "play only" side but at most from programming aspects, such as tools, new graphic modes and even more communication between members.
It feels good to be part of this community and i'm always wondering what news will await me when I login to Denial the next time...
KingTrode
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by KingTrode »

+1 :D

Always nice to see new topics/discussions/projects, no matter what the subject.

Also with being quite new here myself, I have the joy of working my way through all the old posts from previous years and having a good read when I have time.
Diddl
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Diddl »

Yes it is unbelievable for me how alive the community is, nearly 30 years after! :D
Ashbeck
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Ashbeck »

I just bought a Vic-20 off Ebay after years of not collecting or playing and now I'm hooked again..... 1983 feels like yesterday :)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I hope to work on a VIC 20 until the day I die. It's a fun little machine. But the forum really helps motivate me!

Size matters. I really think the place benefits from having fewer members than some of the other sites. Every now and then we reach a critical mass and bickering starts. Eventually, those parties may wander away, and Denial goes back to being a cozy and productive place. A forum can't have too many or too few and still function.

Don't misunderstand. I enjoy other forums. But some have so many posts in a day that I can't read beyond the first page in general posts without feeling overwhelmed.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Perhaps we have entered a good circle this time instead of a vicious one. :) New good ideas inspiring each other.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by ravenxau »

Jeff-20 wrote:Size matters. I really think the place benefits from having fewer members than some of the other sites. Every now and then we reach a critical mass and bickering starts. Eventually, those parties may wander away, and Denial goes back to being a cozy and productive place. A forum can't have too many or too few and still function.

Don't misunderstand. I enjoy other forums. But some have so many posts in a day that I can't read beyond the first page in general posts without feeling overwhelmed.
Totally Agree!
Android Tablet running Frodo 64 emulator running VIC 20 emulator....
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Very happy for these activities...
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I haven't submitted a new game to the forum in a while because I worry there is too much activity. I'm excited, but there are more new releases than I suspect people have time to enjoy.

I'm still trying to catch up with all of the old stuff. Plus the new type-ins. Plus GB20. When I make a new game, I feel like I'm just piling more on to your agendas. hahaha
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

So you thought you switch to the tool area which isn't as crowded as the game section? :P
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Well, no one had to actually load those PRGs. The screenshot was enough. :P
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

Jeff-20 wrote:Size matters. I really think the place benefits from having fewer members than some of the other sites.
I agree. Some years ago the number of members over at Lemon64 grew so large I all but stopped going there. I used to visit it virtually every day, but now I only go there occassionally.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Bacon wrote:
Jeff-20 wrote:Size matters. I really think the place benefits from having fewer members than some of the other sites.
I agree. Some years ago the number of members over at Lemon64 grew so large I all but stopped going there. I used to visit it virtually every day, but now I only go there occassionally.
There are far bigger forums than Lemon. I know a couple that have at least 500 unread posts for me in the space of a few hours. The trick is just to read the threads/topics that interest you.