New VIC dreams

Discuss anything related to the VIC
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Jeff-20 wrote:OMG! I had my first VIC dream last night! But I have to rush to work, so I don't have time to describe it now. Hopefully, I'll remember when I return home.
It's the one where you traded me that tape for that tape drive, right? :wink:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Shit, I knew I should have written it down then. I totally forgot now.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I dreamt last night that I was on some kind of computer meeting. There were two newly produced Vic-20s. They were black with a matt finish. They had USB ports, but one of the ports was not available, it was covered by thick transparent plastic. The Vic-20s had not exactly the same shape as old vic-20s. They were a bit more flat and had less rounded edges. I think the cpu inside still was a 6502. So it basically was a vic-20 with added usb-ports and a new design.

One of the Vic-20s was running an impressive demo. Someone had in some way come up with an ingenious way of storing video on the vic-20 tape drive. It looked rather impressive and it played as the tape was playing. I said something like; Wow! That is fantastic! Then Carlsson was there and he replied something like: Well, that's not very hard to do. It's quite simple really...

That's all I remember...
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

At least it wasn't SCSI or firewire. :lol:
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Bump.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago involving a new VIC game that had a series of conveyor belts moving a ball around. It was a bit like this, but all PETSCII and there was only a single ball.

http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

I had the presence of mind to quickly draw it out - could be quite a fun game, if I get any free time I'll noodle it up in BASIC and see if it's actually any good ;-)
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

HOLY CRAP!!!
Rob
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

wtf
OBSysteme
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by OBSysteme »

Holey!... VIC-20 dreams? are you kidding me? no!

For the record, I don't remember my vic-20 dream, but my wife said that one night I was speaking in my sleep, mumbling some incomprehensible things, except for the word "vic-vingt", which she recognised.

(Vic-vingt = vic-twenty in french)

So I don't know what troubles me... the fact that I did dream about vic-20, or the fact that I don't remember the dream.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Re: New VIC dreams

Post by Boray »

I dreamt last night that someone had created a modern OS for the vic-20. It had a fully working web browser and it was reasonably fast. I remember thinking: hey, this is a lot better than when I surfed with my amiga 040/40MHz. My cosine even managed to print out a pdf file in color while I went away for a while. A funny dream.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: New VIC dreams

Post by Witzo »

Boray wrote:A funny dream.
A dream that raises the bar.