VIC 20 programmer's reference

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

ajordison
Vic 20 Enthusiast

VIC 20 programmer's reference

Post by ajordison »

Hi,
Does anyone have one for sale? I'm the author of the infamous(?) C64PrgGen and I fancy having a stab at a VIC version.

I know I can download one but I'm a fan of physical books! I recognise a few names here from C64 forums so hopefully you could advise me on whether it's worth doing or not. C64PrgGen is running out of steam as far as new ideas go so I'm looking at developing something new.

Cheers.
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

It doesn't seem like something most people would want to sell, once had.
try ebay!
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

What is the C64PrgGen? I've never heard of it.
ajordison
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by ajordison »

English Invader wrote:What is the C64PrgGen? I've never heard of it.
Head on over to www.ajordison.co.uk

BTW, C64PrgGen can be persuaded to generate VIC programs already, if you're interested.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

That would be great to have a version for the Vic!. I think I even asked about that once!

I'm pretty sure I have a second copy of the guide somewhere. I'll have a look around tomorrow for you. I'm not promising anything as most of my Vic stuff is buried in a cupboard at the moment but I will look! :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
ajordison
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by ajordison »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:That would be great to have a version for the Vic!. I think I even asked about that once!

I'm pretty sure I have a second copy of the guide somewhere. I'll have a look around tomorrow for you. I'm not promising anything as most of my Vic stuff is buried in a cupboard at the moment but I will look! :)
Thanks everyone for trying to track one down for me but I've got hold of one now. I was just too lazy to try and find one myself!
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
Thank God! When I opened the cupboard this morning to have a look my heart sunk when I saw just how much crap I was going to rummage through!

Good luck and keep us posted if you get anything off the ground. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

pitcalco wrote:It doesn't seem like something most people would want to sell, once had.
try ebay!
I sold mine a few weeks ago. I have no need for it when there's an electronic version available, and it didn't hold any sentimental value for me. I've got rid of most of my Commodore books to save space; I only keep one each of the user manuals for the VIC 20, C64, and SX-64.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Bacon wrote:
pitcalco wrote:It doesn't seem like something most people would want to sell, once had.
try ebay!
I sold mine a few weeks ago. I have no need for it when there's an electronic version available, and it didn't hold any sentimental value for me. I've got rid of most of my Commodore books to save space; I only keep one each of the user manuals for the VIC 20, C64, and SX-64.
I stand corrected.
I suppose it all depends on the specific nature of one's own VIC-20 nostalgia. I, for one, will not part with my original books.
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

pitcalco wrote:I stand corrected.
I suppose it all depends on the specific nature of one's own VIC-20 nostalgia. I, for one, will not part with my original books.
I don't have any original VIC 20 books, in the sense of having held on to them since the 80s. All the Commodore stuff I have now has been acquired the last eight years. If I still had my original VIC 20 and C64 and accessories I wouldn't part with them for the world.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

I'd love to see a version of this "C64PrgGen" thingy!
More tools in toolbox = more programs created for the VIC.

I see on your website that you were working on an addition to compile BASIC programs. I'd love to see that come to fruition! Much more optimization could be done than the old programs that had to run in a reasonable time and a finite space on actual hardware.
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

I've got 2 Progammers Reference Guides, so I'm definitely willing to sell you one. Let me know what price you were looking for and I will contact you back. Talk to you later.

Barney
vicassembly
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by vicassembly »

I have a manual I would part with. Contact me offline if interested. aedb15t@comcast.net
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Rob