MegaCart ROQII problems

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Richard James
Vic 20 Devotee

MegaCart ROQII problems

Post by Richard James »

I'm having some problems playing the ROQII game included in the mega cart. My main issue is the dujon near the starting point. At first I tried to map it by hand on a blank sheet of paper. Then I realised it was bigger than would fit. So I got out an A4 sheet of graph paper with 5mm square grid on it. The map does not fit on this paper either. So I went out and got a A3 book of graph paper, the first level of the dunjon does not fit on this either.

Also I never encounter combat in this dunjon. When I go down the dunjon it seems bottomless. Some ladders down don't lead anywhere but once I was able to pick some ladders that seemed to let me down at least 20 levels.

Is there any point in descending this dunjon? Where are the monsters? Is there an orb at the bottom? If so how can I map it to find my way to the bottom?
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

a game I made 5 years ago and somebody has found a bug :)

Let me chime in:

The mazes are 128x128 and infinity levels deep. As well if you move beyond the 128 space edge, the maze "wraps around".

The goal is to kill a demon located at the 10th level of a dunjon to retrieve an orb. You need 10 orbsto enter the purple castle in order to beat the evil wizard.

if you let me know where the dunjon is (# of steps in which direction) I can take a look at it if you like.

Have you been to any other dunjons? If so, do they have the same problem (ie: monsters) ?
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
Richard James
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Richard James »

Now I have mapped out some of the countryside in the game. I have found 2 other cities and another dungeon. In the other other dungeon I get no encounters either. I forgot to bring the co-ordinates to this computer today of the dungeons.

How random are the encounters in the dungeons? In the first one I mapped the top level in two sessions, no encounter.

Then I thought I had to be a higher level character so I levelled up to level 3 and entered still no encounter. Then I thought maybe the top level of each dungeon has no monsters?

Note the version I am playing is on the mega-cart. It plays music at the start but I can't work out how to save or load a game.

The game seems very hard. Made it to level 5 last night only to be slaughtered by a Mummy.
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

I just tested the dunjon part in Realms II on the mega cart and it does appear that there are no monsters in the Dunjons.

However, this problem DOES NOT OCCUR when I play Realms II on the emulator or if I load it from disk on the real hardware.

What this suggests to me is that for whatever reason, when you load Realms II directly from the mega cart, it does not work correctly.

I've notified nbla000 of this. Please PM me if you want a .prg file of Realms II. I'll even throw in a version that lets you save to disk.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Replied via email, I need some additional info...
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.