Denial Collection 3 SPOILER thread

Discuss anything related to the VIC
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Jeff-20 wrote:I had high hopes for the Ninja or War game.
I like both of these games.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Just got mine in the mail today.

Looks to me like you invested a lot of time and energy both in the games and the package itself.

I was stunned by the black vs white tape cassette along with dice, playing tokens and game board, all in a neat little metal case with transparent cover.

Great job Jeff!

Thank you very much!

Happy holidays!
Be normal.
InfernalKeith
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by InfernalKeith »

I still haven't gotten to the black side yet, but we just tried Go Left tonight -- what I said earlier, about liking how your mind works? That, again, times ten. My eight-year-old and I were freaking out yelling at that damn rabbit!

I love that in every game I've loaded so far, there's a couple seconds of "uh... what the hell?" And then when the light dawns, and you realize what the point is, it's always such a revelation, such a "no WAY!" moment.

He has to go to bed, but I'm gonna try the black side later tonight. That is, if I can stop playing TenTen long enough. That game drives me mad!

Speaking of which, are the boards randomly generated? Is it possible that some of them just aren't solvable? Or do they all have a solution and I'm just an idiot a lot?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

InfernalKeith wrote:Speaking of which, are the boards randomly generated? Is it possible that some of them just aren't solvable? Or do they all have a solution and I'm just an idiot a lot?
Every board has a solution. Of course, this formula slows down the set-up time. It was a trade off, but I had to make sure every single maze is possible to solve.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

#30 of 45 arrived today! Brilliant package; I took the contents all out, then put it all back together, then had my wife watch as I took all the bits out again (I won't bother trying to re-write that to sound less rude). I explained that this was from the guy who mailed me the Denial newsletter out of the blue, way back in 1996 :)

I haven't tried playing it yet; I *must* get my VIC-20 set up again during the few days I have off over Christmas, to play both DC3 and RoQ3.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I was hoping that it would've arrived for Christmas Day but that hasn't happened. :( Looks like it'll now make a nice New Year present. :)

Just for curiosity's sake, has anyone in the UK received theirs yet?
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Yes, both mine and Invader's turned up last week I believe.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Got mine yesterday and gotta say what a nice job you did Jeff!!

Beats a shirt or tie or cologne present anyday :lol:

Thanks Jeff you made my day!
Brian
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Mayhem wrote:Yes, both mine and Invader's turned up last week I believe.
Ah well, it'll be my post office again...
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I discovered today that you can move vertically on Ten Ten... Hmmm....
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Boray wrote:I discovered today that you can move vertically on Ten Ten... Hmmm....
???

How is it even possible without moving in four directions? Or did you mean diagonally? That's not obvious at first.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Yes I ment diagonally... I'm not sure that I like that thougt. Another parameter to a complex pussle.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

If it is possible to move both players by one diagonal movement, you could always also make a vertical, and horizontal move in sequence (or the other way round), as there is never a block in the way. Of course, one diagonal move is slightly faster.

Edit: After some thinking I've found at least one case, where diagonal movement indeed leads to a different outcome, than two moves vertically, and horizontally:

Code: Select all

X X      X X

X X      XOX
  O
X X      X X
Here, if I go up-left, both players can move to NW.

Otherwise, if I go left, the right player is blocked - and then up, this ends up in:

Code: Select all

X X      X X
          O
XOX      X X

X X      X X
... and both players have come out of "alignment". But that is necessary anyway to solve the puzzles.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I just finished a short video demonstrating all of the games included in Denial Collection 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aINg831M ... re=channel

I wanted to use the original Green Onions, but Youtube objected so I had to go with the MIDI version.
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

Those youtube clips were really cool. :)
Learning all the time... :)