Zaxxon for the VIC

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Zaxxon for the VIC

Post by Jeff-20 »

I would love to see this game. Does the VIC have the processing power for "axonometric projection"? I was impressed by the C64 version but confused that the Sega Master System didn't seem to be able to achieve this game (considering it is a SEGA game!). This would be a great project for the VIC. Unfortunately, it's one out of my range.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Zaxxon for the VIC

Post by eslapion »

Jeff-20 wrote:... Does the VIC have the processing power for "axonometric projection"?
There is a version for the 64 of both Zaxxon and Super Zaxxon and the VIC actually has slightly more processing power than the 64 so I can't see why not!
Be normal.
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Just watched some videos on youtube.
I'd forgotten how nice the arcade game looked!
Some of the home ports on mobygames are pretty dodgy though. I like the look of the TRS80 version.
It would definitely be doable on the VIC. It would probably need memory expansion to do it justice, so I doubt you'd be interested Jeff. :D
I'd love to have the time to have a go...
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

It would be interesting to see a VIC-20 version of this game. The Atari 2600 version overcome the hardware limitations by turning it into a vertical scroller.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

It would probably need memory expansion to do it justice, so I doubt you'd be interested Jeff. Very Happy
I guess Jeff is going to change his mind since the introduction of megacart... Just kidding, jeff... anyway... I'd love to see zaxxon on the vic since i loved c64 version! In my opinion, in particular considering latest releases, I think that "denial programmer" could manage to do an excellent conversion!
No one should tolerate death and violence because tolerance will generate habit.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I just don't want to see a cop-out like Atari 2600's version. That solution was a disappointment (YouTube Link). Even though the clone, Desert Falcon, was pretty bad (YouTube Link); it proved the concept could be done. You have to respect that. I want to see a sincere effort on the VIC platform.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.