koben

some spammer

Post by koben »

I'm stupid.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

15 moderators and crap like this sits around for hours. :roll:
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
DanSolo
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by DanSolo »

MAY GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU BROWSE THIS UNMODERATED FORUM.
:lol:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

This post was left until I could come online and delete the account (something only I am authorized to do). Sorry for the inconvenience. The mod PMed me and left the message as evidence.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

/me shakes his head
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

why?
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Because no matter what you do, the scumsuckers keep getting through. It's disheartening.
DanSolo
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by DanSolo »

Jeff-20 wrote:This post was left until I could come online and delete the account (something only I am authorized to do). Sorry for the inconvenience. The mod PMed me and left the message as evidence.
@Jeff: I don't seem to be as annoyed as Golan is by this, but surely you'll have to accept there are times when you won't be available and this sort of thing needs to be done? Couldn't another mod at least have locked this thread, not that that would really make any difference to a spammer I guess.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I can't speak for the other dozen of mods, but I haven't been logged on Denial since Friday afternoon/evening, European time. Based on the time stamp, I was happily miles away from any Internet connection when the message was posted.

If the forum gets attacked by hackers and there are people who could help to fix things, I realize you would get upset if nothing happens. One or two spam messages, no matter how rude they are, should not be the end of the world. Perhaps though Jeff has positioned most mods in European time zone, so he would be one of the few in American time zone to handle things.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
TNT
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TNT »

Jeff-20 wrote:The mod PMed me and left the message as evidence.
Add a forum which only moderators can see (Forum Admin : Permissions >> Moderators [hidden]), then moderators can move spam out of view without deleting anything.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

TNT wrote:Add a forum which only moderators can see (Forum Admin : Permissions >> Moderators [hidden]), then moderators can move spam out of view without deleting anything.
I've suggested that to Jeff-20 more times than you've had hot lunches. "Transmission Terminated"
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Ok. Ok. I'll try it. Things like this just seems like such a rare happening now. When was the last spam post before this one? It's barely a distraction.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

A moderator's forum shouldn't just be used for spam but for anything that requires moderation. For instance, if a user makes a post that a moderator deems inappropriate, they should move it there to maintain a record and to allow for a possible reversible should they have acted capriciously.

I gotta say, Jeff, you're big on closing barn doors after the horses have left. It's a good thing you're didn't pursue a career as a firefighter. :lol:
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

carlsson wrote:I can't speak for the other dozen of mods, but I haven't been logged on Denial since Friday afternoon/evening,
Same for me: I've logged in just five minutes ago. You know, it's summertime :D .
gklinger wrote:I gotta say, Jeff, you're big on closing barn doors after the horses have left. It's a good thing you're didn't pursue a career as a firefighter. :lol:
I gotta say someone here's big only on criticizing. :?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

orion70 wrote: I gotta say someone here's big only on criticizing. :?
I'm ok with keeping things simple. There are more than a few alternative Vic forums now. The community has choices, so everyone can be happy.