Soccer games for the vic

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

I know that what I'm saying could be foolish: what about spinning vic capacity to the limit creating a soccer game with scrolling (horizontal? vertical?) hires graphic, eventually using a full ram configuration? could it be possible?
No one should tolerate death and violence because tolerance will generate habit.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

It surely is possible somehow, but it may take a lot of development time. Actually I already proposed something like that if anyone wants to co-operate. My idea was to use vertical scrolling and 36865, but I realize it is only usefufl for players and objects standing still. Anything that moves needs to be handled with software sprites.

In the mean time, some day I'll get back to my little soccer project posted above. I just don't know when I'll find the time and motivation to sit and develop. After work I tend to be much too tired to do something that requires me to think, and in the weekends I either have things to do or sleep through most of the day.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

No promises but after more than a year on hiatus, tonight I at least made my program highlight the player currently closest to the ball, as well as indicate which direction the players are moving.

None of the players move yet. That'll be the next update.
Anders Carlsson

MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

Cool, great to see some development :) Gotta keep up the pace in 2009!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Awesome. This is really one of the most anticipated projects on the VIC aside from this mega-thing I keep hearing about. I really want more sports games for the VIC!

You inspire me. I have a bunch of unfinished projects piled up. If I don't finish a game in a few sittings, I sometimes lose interest and forget about it.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

Go on carlsson, you can do that!!! I'm really amazed.... it could become the first soccer game for the vic, at least after his rebirth!!!
No one should tolerate death and violence because tolerance will generate habit.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Hey, now at least the players in the red team move about randomly, without going past the lines. The next thing will be to prevent them from stepping onto another player or the ball.

Yes, it is a slow work in progress but I managed to squeeze in a few minutes of development today. It turns out bringing your Eee PC to the summer cottage which is miles away from the nearest Internet connection can do small wonders to this kind of development.
Anders Carlsson

TarkaTOtter
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by TarkaTOtter »

Thanks for continuing the development

normally I don't like footie games (Hushed whisper - furtive looking around)

But I would love to play this game from what I see of the pix so far.

(well actually I do support Arsenal - come on the Gunners - but more from the arm-chair not the stands)

Tarka