Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
Commander#1
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: Introduce yourself . . .

Post by Commander#1 »

"It sounds like you have a bad setting in your profile:

Profile -> Date format"

Thank you, carlsson. That was the problem exactly. It's fixed now and everything looks good.

Phil Potter.
The earth is - oh my gosh - ROUND ! !
lucifershalo
Vic 20 Amateur

hello from Belgium

Post by lucifershalo »

Hello to all
laurent from Belgium
40 years old
mainly consoles player and collector from the Videopac to pre-NES era
like Atari 2600,5200,7800 (the main ones for me), Colecovision, Intellivision,Videopac,Vectrex but also Creativision, Arcadia 2001, Bally Astrocade, Atari 8 bits, Msx,...
what I like the most is playing those games old and new homebrews, collecting some interesting labels,boxes and instruction manuals and comparing the different conversions of a same game, that's why for a long time I was interested in buying a Vic20....
Done this week end at a Dutch retrogame event, now I hope to be able to order my Mega Cart soon

ps: I am comic book wholesaler, it is also a passion
and I like movies from Arty to Zombie
my nickname is coming from a comic book
I like the duality of the name (good and bad)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Welcome LH, somewhat of a familiar face ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
lucifershalo
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by lucifershalo »

hey, Mayhem.... :P
fsporsche
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by fsporsche »

My username is based on fs(freds) porsche own 2 of these cars..
strongboy
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by strongboy »

Hi to everyone, here in Denial . . .

My nickname, is based on my pc share program ( strong DC ), and on my high and robust body ( obviously is a joke )

:wink:
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Hello Strongboy, welcome to Denial. I hope you will enjoy this forum. I'm particularly glad there's another Italian (strong)boy here :D . Please, take a look in the International section, there are several Italy-oriented posts there, including the Papersoft project to which you might want to co-operate :P .

Are you a first-time VIC user, or you had one back in the 80s?
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

strongboy wrote:Hi to everyone, here in Denial . . .
Wow, another Italian guy, it's not so common here, WELCOME!
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
TarkaTOtter
Vic 20 Dabbler

whats in a name?

Post by TarkaTOtter »

TarkaTOtter comes from 2 parts

Initially I was in the RAF and the guys thought I spoke posh so my nickname became "Tarquin" this was too long on the radio so it became "Tarka"

Then later I read the book Tarka The Otter - and the otter dies valiantly whilst fighting a dog that had been hunting him down - but Tarka takes the dog with him to his death as well.

This Otter seemed an appropriate hero for a serviceman with no wife or dependants.

Luckily I survived my 9 years and later married and have a beautiful daughter now, so I no longer want to be a forces man. I have my family to look after.

My Priorities now are Family, God, myself and country in that order.

Sorry that is a bit serious for a light hearted forum but you asked
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

I was in the Air Cadets for seven years. What did you do?
TarkaTOtter
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by TarkaTOtter »

English Invader wrote:I was in the Air Cadets for seven years. What did you do?
Well at first I was in the aerial reconnaissance as a photo dark room team.
I used to make a mean cup of tea (not that I spent all my time in the break room :lol: ) and then after 4 years I moved into Engineering Wing HQ as helicopter support admin (RAF Odiham, Hampshire) and did PC security and Helicopter Stats :?

When I left RAF I joined IBM (because of the PC security) and now I do Websphere app server support - whew that makes my life seem very short when I say it like that. :lol:

I guess you enjoyed Air Cadets - 7 Years is almost as long as I served.
did you ever fly Chipmunks? or get a jolly in Chinook helicopters? (thats what I supported in the end)
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

I mostly flew in the Bulldog, although I did fly in the Chipmunk just before it was phased out. I also got to ride in a Sea King, which few cadets get to do.

I got to stay on about ten different RAF bases including RAF Akortiri (Cyprus) twice. I didn't get very far on the promotions, though. Corporal was as far as I got. All in all, I was quite fortunate to be part of a large squadron that did a lot of great stuff.
strongboy
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by strongboy »

orion70 wrote:Hello Strongboy, welcome to Denial. I hope you will enjoy this forum. I'm particularly glad there's another Italian (strong)boy here :D . Please, take a look in the International section, there are several Italy-oriented posts there, including the Papersoft project to which you might want to co-operate :P .

Are you a first-time VIC user, or you had one back in the 80s?
Really, thank you for the welcome . . . I was born in the 1972, and my first computer is a C64, now, that i have little bit of spare time, my hobby is " all about " : 8 bit commodore . . . so my interest is on C64, VIC 20 and the 264 family.
I'm also an active member of EDICOLAC64, involving in dump of cassette, scan magazine, fix, and moderating the forum . . .

Your work ( and the work of nbla000 ) about PAPERSOFT is very stunning . . . but we know : italians do it better . . .

As soon as possible, i'll write in the international ( italian ) area.

A strong(boy) friendly handshake, also to nbla000.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

strongboy wrote:I'm also an active member of EDICOLAC64, involving in dump of cassette, scan magazine, fix, and moderating the forum . . .
Great site, it's been a pleasure discovering all those "pirate" cassettes after such a long time! BTW, I like the new look of the site.
strongboy wrote:italians do it better . . .
:D
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

strongboy wrote:A strong(boy) friendly handshake, also to nbla000.
Thanks, it's a pleasure for me to have an active member of EDICOLAC64, i've also dumped a few tape for them.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.