vic 20 conversions

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Gary_Leeds
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Gary_Leeds »

But with most of these games you have to take screen resolution into consideration. Plus the fact of colour clash would be as bad as the spectrum (if not worse because the clash is over a larger 8x8 block).

Im thinking now so much c64 games ported but more MSX, colecovision and spectrum as the base for conversion.

All the activision stuff should be possible though, hmmm Vic Ghostbusters :)
TMR
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by TMR »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:I'd love to see a conversion of Kikstart C16. TMR ported it to the C64 and it was pretty cool...now I want to play it on my favourite computer. :)
That would be a significantly harder porting job than the C16 to C64 one... all of the visual routines would need to be done from scratch pretty much, getting it balanced to work correctly alone would be a bugger.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

TMR wrote:
Pedro Lambrini wrote:I'd love to see a conversion of Kikstart C16. TMR ported it to the C64 and it was pretty cool...now I want to play it on my favourite computer. :)
That would be a significantly harder porting job than the C16 to C64 one... all of the visual routines would need to be done from scratch pretty much, getting it balanced to work correctly alone would be a bugger.
I kinda figured it would be a git but you can but dream, eh? :) I was playing Dragonwing and it got me thinking, that was all...

TMR, as a bit of a pro at porting which platform would be easiest to port from? Just curious. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Mario Bros !!!! i want it on the VIC :wink:

Victragic started with me a first idea but is still an idea.
Now the rhust sprites routines may help us even if i use DASM but we need a programmers team, i'm ready.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.