Get your own Mega-Cart NOW !

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Hey guys! Is there a time frame for when I can expect the bill, at all? :)
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

I just placed an order for the Mega-Cart.

Congratulations on finally putting this out. I must admit that I was one of those people who were cautiously pessimistic that this might never see the light of day.

Does the Mega-Cart really come with the nice packaging as shown on the site? That is really a first class production.

$99 for the Mega-Cart is an excellent price in my opinion.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Ghislain wrote:Does the Mega-Cart really come with the nice packaging as shown on the site? That is really a first class production.
Thanks! Yes it does come with that packaging, instruction sheet and cartridge label. Plus you can download a printable keyboard overlay from the Mega-Cart website (very handy).
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

How many orders so far??

Post by Barney »

Just curious as to how many Mega-Carts sold so far. Have they hit 100 yet? Thanks.

Barney
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

I predict there will be another surge in orders after the first batch has shipped, after we all show our friends/user groups/etc. and they see how awesome it is (and that it's a real product!)
techknight
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by techknight »

Just placed my order. I can't wait to play Witch Way again!
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Ghislain wrote:I just placed an order for the Mega-Cart.

Congratulations on finally putting this out.
Thanks to you for your games too :wink:
techknight wrote:Just placed my order. I can't wait to play Witch Way again!
Hey just received thanks, yes i didn't know it, i've discovered Witch Way with Mega-Cart, it's one of my favorite :wink:
Schema wrote:I predict there will be another surge in orders after the first batch has shipped, after we all show our friends/user groups/etc. and they see how awesome it is (and that it's a real product!)
I hope so because i've hardly worked for it and i really wish that all geek vic users use the Mega-Cart.

At the moment there are about 20 Denial users that pre-ordered the Mega-Cart but that haven't "officially" ordered it yet, please order it from the site to confirm your pre-order, it's the only way to receive your Mega-Cart preserving your pre-order list priority.

We cannot wait too much btw just to be sure i will contact all the users that preordered the Mega-Cart but that haven't confirmed it yet, in any case if you simply forgot to confirm your order please save my time by ordering it now :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Wow. That didn't take long. Asked about Witch Way in the IRC at 17:29 EST and joined Denial, ordered a Mega-Cart and posted about it by 17:48 EST. That has to be a record.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

It's nice to see the Mega-Cart bringing in new faces. :)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

gklinger wrote:Wow. That didn't take long. Asked about Witch Way in the IRC at 17:29 EST and joined Denial, ordered a Mega-Cart and posted about it by 17:48 EST. That has to be a record.
And confirmed live too, yes it's a very big record, someone may do better ? :lol:
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

nbla000 wrote:someone may do better ? :lol:
I'll see what I can arrange. I'm whoring this thing up all over town.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
techknight
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by techknight »

gklinger wrote:
Wow. That didn't take long. Asked about Witch Way in the IRC at 17:29 EST and joined Denial, ordered a Mega-Cart and posted about it by 17:48 EST. That has to be a record.
What can I say? I've been waiting for another chance to beat level four with the invisible floors for about two decades now. :)

It always amazed me that a dump of the rom wasn't floating around, and that the game itself is barely mentioned on the web.. But according to another poster here, CDS was a small company out of Saskatchewan, so that probably explains the limited distribution.

The version I had as a kid was on tape, requiring the use of our 8k expander cartridge.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Until KP turned up that copy on cart, no one knew it existed in that format, not me nor Ward Shrake apparently. Ward had it listed down as on tape but no TAP exists of it either seemingly. A pity you don't still have that tape somewheres...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I've added new Tutorial Videos to the Mega-Cart site:

Backup, restore or clear preferences:
http://www.mega-cart.com/backup-restore ... eferences/

Change the menu tune or load new tunes from a data-disk:
http://www.mega-cart.com/change-the-men ... data-disk/

If you want, you may download the additional tunes data disk from this page:
http://www.mega-cart.com/additional-menu-tunes/

Other tutorial videos are expected, for the moment enjoy this new videos of your next "Mega" cartridge :wink:
Doppleganger
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Doppleganger »

Just got the message about the mega cart. Very nicely done. I'm planning on ordering one here in the next couple weeks.

Yea, I've been out of the C= loop for a little while, have had other hobbies and stuff come into play (Ham radio, EmComm, SRT-4, etc...).

Gotta clean up the computer room, so I can sit in front of all the computers in there again!
-Jay
Vic-20 User Since 1982'ish.