OK People, Time to Buy your Brian Lyons MEGACART!

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Now you're teasing us even more :x

Anymore and I'm going to have a temper tandrum like my 1 year old on the floor until I get my copy of this cart :shock:

Hope you can make it Brian (and your cart :lol: ) on Nov 10th at the Retro Party?
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i wonder if there is a way to get 6502dude to 'forget' his cart. at the party? :)
Brantel
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Brantel »

Man this is like showing a man who has been deserted on a island for 5 years a picture of a t bone steak! Or better yet, letting him smell one cooking on the grill but not letting him have a bite!
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Brantel wrote:Man this is like showing a man who has been deserted on a island for 5 years a picture of a t bone steak! Or better yet, letting him smell one cooking on the grill but not letting him have a bite!
Or like having a married man sit in "sniffer's row" at a peeler bar (same effect as the steak would have with danggling a juicy piece of meat to a starving man and the only thing he could do is salavate) :lol:
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

vic user wrote:i wonder if there is a way to get 6502dude to 'forget' his cart. at the party? :)
I'm colour photocopying both sides of the proto board tonight and gluing it onto a piece of cardboard and when the right moment arrises....I'll do the switch :wink:
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

hahaha!

i thought it was called 'pervert's row' where i always sit in :)
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

vic user wrote:imagine if this cart. could be under many an xmas tree this december? :wink:
I'm guessing a lot of 30 or 40 something guys will revert to 10 year old mode on Christmas morning.

Edit: My girlfriend walked by as I watching the video (which is great, BTW) and commented that it was bad enough that I play 25 year old video games but that watching videos of someone else playing 25 year old video games was just weird.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Looks great Brian! NBLA and yourself have done an excellent job. Any ideas when it will be available? what step are you at right now?
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

gklinger wrote:
vic user wrote:imagine if this cart. could be under many an xmas tree this december? :wink:
I'm guessing a lot of 30 or 40 something guys will revert to 10 year old mode on Christmas morning.

Edit: My girlfriend walked by as I watching the video (which is great, BTW) and commented that it was bad enough that I play 25 year old video games but that watching videos of someone else playing 25 year old video games was just weird.

Lol, Are you single again now? hehe
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

KilrPilr wrote:Lol, Are you single again now? hehe
She has long since given up on trying to understand the things I do. :)
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

gklinger wrote:My girlfriend walked by as I watching the video (which is great, BTW) and commented that it was bad enough that I play 25 year old video games but that watching videos of someone else playing 25 year old video games was just weird.
If i can console you, i don't think so :wink:

PS: I've a justify, i need to play with my children.... 8)
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

KilrPilr wrote:Looks great Brian! NBLA and yourself have done an excellent job. Any ideas when it will be available? what step are you at right now?
NBLA000 deserves the credit.

I just put hardware together.

He has added a ton of really great ideas, fixes for games, categorization, compatibility for a bunch of memory settings, etc.

Right now, 2nd prototype board is completed. Third one is under construction. Next will be final schematic and PCB run.

I would like to have PCBs ready for mid to late November.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

...and remember to let me know the size of the final plastic case you choose (so I can re-design the label graphics). Thanks! :D
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Nbla000 and me are working on the last (?) bonus item. Brand new code written tonight. Hopefully the software can be finalized by the weekend.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
ianoid
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by ianoid »

Is this how I sign up for one of these Megacarts? Me wants! Late in the game, what can I say. Just discovered this forum.