mislabelled cartridges!

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

mislabelled cartridges!

Post by ral-clan »

Hi, I got a whole lot of VIC-20 cartridge/items yesterday in the mail (from Ebay). I bought it for the Cardo six-slot expander, but was pleasantly surprised to find out the lot also contained a cartridge with the original label saying it was AtariSoft's Battlezone, which was the only one I was missing from this publisher.

I was dissapointed to find out, upon plugging it in, that contained not Battlezone, but Ms. PacMan, which I already have :( .

I have never seen a mislabelled cartridge on the VIC-20 before, but I have seen it with Atari 2600 cartridges - even Atari cartridges that have been glued-shut in the factory, with no screws.

I guess it was a bad day in the factory on the labelling line.

Anyone have a similar experience?
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Hey, I'll bet you could fetch a lot of money for that on e-bay if you advertise it right. "ULTRA RARE Mislabeled Ms. Pacman cartridge, L*O*O*K" Go over it with some gold spray paint, make it an even rarer "Golden" edition.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

"HTF! ULTRA RARE! L((O))((O))K!!!!!"

is sure to win higher bids...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Are those cartridges reasonably easy to open? I.e. may it have been someone who had a loose Ms Pac-Man cart at one point that re-used the housing for a Battlezone cartridge?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Yeah, I've been meaning to open it. I'll burn the proper ROMs and put them in there one day (on my large to-do list for the VIC).
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

ral-clan wrote:Yeah, I've been meaning to open it. I'll burn the proper ROMs and put them in there one day (on my large to-do list for the VIC).
I was going to offer but since you can do that yourself...