How much would you pay?

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

PaulQ
undead vic

How much would you pay?

Post by PaulQ »

If you came across a Vic 20 in absolutely mint condition (as in, never been used), packed in original plastic, styrofoam, in the original box, with the original cables, power supply...I'm talking brand new, unopened condition here, where even the box has been well preserved...what is the absolute most you think you would pay?
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

It would have to be local for no shipping costs and wouldn't pay more than $25 for it myself as I already have (3) used in boxes and 5 loose.

Brian
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I agree that it's actual VALUE is $25 to $30. However, if I were soooo itchin' to get a VIC-20 and had money burning a hole in my pocket, I MIGHT go up to $60....but I would feel really sweaty handing that money over, and suffer buyer's remorse for a long time afterwards.
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Alan »

Yeah, I'd go for $50. If the case is very white and not yellowed. That's about it.
Alan
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Certain collectors with too much money on their hands may go to $100, if it is in absolutely mint condition, still sealed shut with plastic wrap at the ends. Or weren't VIC-20s originally wrapped?

I had hoped to find a VIC like that last year, but alas not. In best case, I could find a loose one that could be combined with a box stored away elsewhere. But I've found so much other stuff that I'm satisfied anyway.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
damnstraight
Vic 20 Hobbyist

new vic

Post by damnstraight »

I hope it goes to $200.00. I have NIB Vic-20, (2)c64's, and one NIB never opened A1200. May come in handy for retirement, but I doubt it. haha
I thunk once and it hurt!
Centallica
Pinballer

Re: new vic

Post by Centallica »

damnstraight wrote: and one NIB never opened A1200.
That might fetch something of the bunch :wink:

Brian
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

I wouldn't pay more than $50 or so, but then I'm not a collector. I would pack it up and start using it, pretending it was 1982 again.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.