Sick of Playstation 3...

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

ssjlance
super saiya-jin

Post by ssjlance »

The cheapest that I have actually seen one go for recently is $900. My family and I decided to go to some flea markets and there were only two open (it was Christmas Eve), and both of them had a PS3 for $900. I also think it's a waste of money buying from Sony or Microsoft before they get their bugs worked out. I've never had any trouble with Nintendo or Sega, albeit Dreamcasts can be little bit finnicky if you're not careful.

Anyone else heard the rumors about the PS3 being Sony's last console? I doubt it's true, but I hope it is....
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

You hope Sony will go belly-up after failed sales for a technically complex, rather expensive system that only has a fraction available units of what they could've sold? Yes, it is possible that if they make a big loss on the PS3, it is their last console, at least in the prestige class. But for clarification; their competitors (mainly Microsoft and Nintendo) not necessarily are nicer companies, caring a lot more for the customers than Sony does.

Quite interesting that someone would buy one of the few available PS3 and only a few weeks later try to dump it on a flea market.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

I can hardly wait that PS3 comes out..

Got PS1 and PS2 same day those were released.. And soon PS3 comes.. 8)

Only bad thing about this new generation is that it also needs new tv.. :wink:
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Hey guys!

Take a look at this one if you haven't already done so!

http://www.smashmyps3.com/

What you must do with your PS3...
ssjlance
super saiya-jin

Post by ssjlance »

Those sites are pretty popular now. Heh, I have a letter posted at destroymyvirtualboy.com. :P
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

To be perfectly honest, I have not wanted a game console ever since I replaced my Atari 2600 with a Vic 20. It's like, you buy the console, you buy some games, you play the games, then what? The novelty wears off; we played that Atari 2600 every day when it was new, but after the first month or so, I played it only sporratically, and that was whenever a friend came over with a new video game (or if I'd bought a new videogame).

With the Vic 20, after I played some games, I could write some programs; I could do something creative. I then moved to the C64 which delivered arcade-quality games, then the Amiga, which was actually used in some arcade machines, then the PC became a real good gaming platform.

We did buy a used SNES because my wife loves that Super Mario game; then we bought a Playstation when they bottomed out to $60...but the consoles are gathering dust. My old Amiga and Vic 20 get more use.

For the price of the PS3, I can do a lot of upgrades to my PC and it will play some really great games.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

DigitalQuirk wrote:my wife loves that Super Mario game
It took me four evenings to do this embroidery for a friend who had her 30th birthday last week:
Pattern available upon request, and ditto if anyone just wants an instruction how to make their own patterns.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image